Internship Title: Campaign Engagement and Marketing Intern (Campaign Solutions)
Department: Campaign Solutions
Location: Alexandria, VA
Status: Full Time
The Global Impact Campaign Solutions team is looking for a qualified intern to assist with fundraising, marketing and communication projects. This intern will collect charity materials, conduct prospect research and create donor retention materials. During the internship, the student will gain experience in marketing & communications promoting nearly 100 international charities such as Habitat for Humanity International, Save the Children and World Vision. In addition, the intern will support giving and volunteer projects for public and private sector companies.
- Draft and edit internal and external communications.
- Organize digital charity assets, including success stories and photos.
- Provide support for client fundraising and education opportunities, including events hosted at various corporate offices and federal agencies in the metro area.
- Conduct data management tasks in Salesforce.com and other internal systems.
- Manage collateral stock and collateral fulfillment for team members and employee giving campaign accounts.
- Support Global Impact’s fundraising and marketing platforms.
- Conduct prospect and innovation research.
- Draft client materials, including fundraising and marketing presentations.
- Conduct research on critical humanitarian issues pertaining to Global Impact’s High Impact Funds and assist with related website updates.
- Draft content for Global Impact’s social media platforms.
- Update marketing materials and benchmarking reports
- Other duties as required.
During the internship, the student will have exposure to various aspects of international development through interaction with a range of nonprofit and corporate contacts. In addition, the intern will participate in team meetings internally and select external client meetings.
Note: This intern will be invited to make a presentation of his or her work to executive team members and other staff, which will serve as a capstone project for the internship.
This is a paid internship for up to $1,500 per month in stipend. Global Impact will also provide a transportation benefit up to $90 per month toward metro costs.
- Student pursuing a bachelor’s degree currently completing junior or senior year; prefer to have major focused on marketing, communication or related international field.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and adhere to deadlines; strong organizational skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing needs and think critically.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Proficiency with PowerPoint, Word and Excel. Additional database experience preferred.
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
- 30-40 hours per week (mutually agreed by Global Impact and intern)
- May through August 2020 (specific start and end dates are mutually agreed upon by Global Impact and intern and are subject to change)
- To be considered, applications must include both resume and cover letter.
- Cover letter should explain interest, relevant experience/coursework, and GPA.
- with name and Campaign Solutions in the subject line.
About Global Impact
Global Impact works on charitable ventures to inspire greater giving. We serve as a trusted advisor, intermediary and implementing partner across the private, nonprofit and public sectors. Through these partnerships, we have raised nearly $2 billion for causes such as disaster relief and global development. Our expertise includes fundraising and partnerships, employee engagement and corporate social responsibility (CSR), and finance and business services. Learn more at charity.org.
Follow Global Impact on Twitter and like us on Facebook.
Job Type: Internship
Salary: $1,000.00 to $1,500.00 /month
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Other forms
- One location
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks - learn more at https://start.indeed.com/fair-chance)
- Monday to Friday