Position Overview: Our IT team is growing and currently looking for an Associate DevOps Engineer. We are in the midst of a digital transformation with massive investments into cutting edge technologies and are looking for an Engineer that can play a key role in helping to turn the vision into a reality. In this role, you’ll assist with automating and streamlining operations and development processes. You’ll build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations while working with a knowledgeable, long-tenured team of Engineers.
Ideally you’re a recent grad with a successful Internship and have a strong desire to join an IT organization where you’ll be exposed to a ton of things and given every opportunity to grow in your career whichever way you desire.
- Configure technical tools and write scripts to advance automation for CI/CD (continuous integration/continuous delivery) pipeline, which minimizes coding errors and facilitates rapid deployment of higher-quality products.
- Use tools to automate testing in the CI/CD Pipeline.
- Research and help implement automation and integration best practices.
- Serve as a liaison with development teams to successfully identify software development best practices and help to implement them.
- Take part in the ongoing standardization and documentation of various policies and procedures.
- Take part in releasing new features across the organization and ensure highest levels of stability.
- Write scripts and technical knowledge articles while configuring technical tools and finding better ways for the team to work.
- Update CMDB with current technical maps. Build out a comprehensive list of technical architectures.
- Participate on incident and triage calls.
- Provide support to isolate incidents and follow troubleshooting protocol with a sharp focus on the high level of resolution.
- Strong intellectual curiosity
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field of study
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Great troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft technologies and Cloud services
- Familiarity with AppDynamics (or New Relic or Dynatrace, e.g.)
- Knowledge of test automation
- Familiarity with some of the following technologies: Azure DevOps, Junit, Gherkin, Selenium, SonarCube, Azure Repos (TFVC, Git), Kubernetes, Docker, Azure Cloud Services, and/or MS Window Administration