Crestron Electronics Inc
We are proud to be the largest and most recognized brand in automation and control solutions, and the premier technology partner for fortune 500 businesses globally.
Our automation and control solutions for homes and buildings allow our clients to control entire environments with the push of a button, integrating systems such as Audio Visual, Lighting, Shading, Security, Building Management Systems and HVAC to provide greater comfort, convenience and security.
- Work with the Firmware DevOPs team to write scripts to integrate and automate the various tools used by the developers
- Help maintain, upgrade, and migrate Linux VMs
- Partner with colleagues to maintain various Devops related tools
- Participate in various other DevOps related tasks
- Must be enrolled in a college or university working toward a bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a closely related field.
- Must be available to work up to 40 hours per week during the entire internship period beginning May 27th, 2020 and ending August 14th, 2020.
- Must be commutable to and from the Rockleigh, NJ area for the duration of the internship period
- Familiarity with Linux, Bash, Python, and/or Windows preferred
- Understanding of computer networking preferred
- Understanding of build-specific languages such as Make, Ant, and/or Gradle a plus
- Experience with SVN or GIT preferred
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, creative, have a solid work ethic and have a desire to produce a quality product
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to articulate work at different levels of the organization
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Inquisitive individual with a student mentality possessing a long term desire to work in the Software Development / DevOPS space
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle numerous assignments simultaneously
- Positive, personable, and able to work cohesively with other across various divisions
- Self-starter capable of working independently as well as in teams