If you’re a college student and interested in a paid summer internship opportunity, we still have a few openings available. Please apply!
As a Transamerica Intern, you’ll work and learn in a rotational program within two of our premier companies – World Financial Group and Transamerica Financial Advisors. These award winning companies are committed to ‘service’. First to serve the financial needs of people from all backgrounds by providing insurance protection, investment, savings, and retirement solutions to those who might not have access to wealth management strategies or solutions. And, to help entrepreneurs’ succeed by building a business that serve families and businesses in their communities. World Financial Group has over 45,000 agents in the US and Canada, and Transamerica Financial Advisors has been awarded #1 business for women for the past several years. Join us and you could have a fun and productive summer. Internships are great, short-term work experiences allowing you the opportunity to observe and participate in the professional work environment, to explore how your interests relate to possible careers, and to gain practical experience in the business and financial services industry.
About this Internship:
- Gain real world experience in this five-day, 40-hour workweek program (Monday–Friday)
- No suit or tie required. We wear business casual and jeans everyday
- Learn best practices of our well-established multi-level sales & marketing, and broker/dealer businesses
- Bring your ideas and perspectives to collaborate with a team of ambitious and engaged professionals, mentors, and leaders. You’ll work on projects in three of our business areas.
- Gain knowledge and skills working alongside our experienced licensing, commissions, sales desk and broker/dealer professionals
- Network with business leaders and other interns. Participate in fun, social and philanthropic activities.
- Hiring range is $15/hr - $17/hr based on your classification and previous internship experience
- 10-week program tentatively scheduled June 1 – August 7, 2020. Housing assistance is available.
- Successful internships lead not only to highly marketable skills, but also direct sales jobs and other Transamerica job opportunities after college
Successful Interns are…
- motivated, customer focused, and action-oriented individuals with a drive for learning on the job and achieving results
- punctual and reliable, take initiative to meet deadlines, and have excellent time management, prioritization, and organization skills
- communicators; skilled effectively both orally and in writing. You’ll showcase these skills in a final presentation
- flexible and coachable with great interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a continually changing environment
- freshman, sophomores, juniors who are currently enrolled full-time at a college or university pursuing a specific degree program with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite products.
We promote a Future Fit mindset. What is a Future Fit mindset?
- Acting as One… fosters an environment of positive collaboration
- Accountability… allows us to own the problem as well as the solution
- Agility… inspires new ideas, innovation and challenges the status quo
- Customer Centricity… encourages an above average and beyond approach to our customers
Join us for the summer at Transamerica! Apply Now