98% of Fortune 500 Companies use VMware Technology!
The most advanced companies in the world turn to VMware to manage, grow and transform their business. When you work here, you’re connected to a global community of innovative, empowered employees working together to solve the most critical technology challenges.
We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think differently and challenge the status quo. Whether it’s the kind of products we develop, our approach to sustainability, or how we give back to our communities, VMware finds unique ways to bring people together to fuel creative thinking. Want to know more, check out our website https://careers.vmware.com/
Job Role and Responsibilities:
The HCI BU is one of the fastest growing business units within VMware. We focus on bringing to market solutions in areas of the leading hybrid cloud platform built on VMware Cloud Foundation, HCI built on VMware vSAN; Cloud Storage as part of VMware Cloud on AWS; Disaster Recovery Solutions based on VMware Site Recovery Manager for both on premises and cloud deployments, and many more solutions for the VMware customer base.
As a Product Line Marketing Manager focused on VMware Cloud Foundation, you will play a critical role in driving strategy and execution for the next high-growth areas for HCI BU.
Product Marketing Managers are business owners who are responsible for driving the go-to-market initiatives for a product. Successful PMMs will lead cross-functional teams to successfully meet their objectives. This leadership requires setting the overall vision for product go-to-market strategy, knowing and monitoring key performance indicators, understanding the dynamics of both direct and channel sales, and influencing many teams towards common goals.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop a deep understanding of the private and public cloud markets. Identify customer goals, challenges, buying behaviors and sales motions. Define target markets and corresponding go-to-market strategies.
- Define marketing strategy for key products
- Develop positioning and messaging that resonates with key decision makers and buyers
- Build collateral and sales tools (customer presentations, solution briefs, white papers, videos, case studies, demos, TCO/ROI calculators)
- Evangelize solutions through presentations, webinars, conferences, social media, and other digital channels
- Enable internal stakeholders such as field, channel teams and other business units
- Develop and disseminate market expertise through market research, studies, and customer interviews
- Currently pursing a full-time MBA degree
- 3 - 5 years of work experience in technology product marketing or product management, strategic management consulting, investments banking or management in entrepreneurial projects
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to translate technology features into business benefits
Exceptionally strong analytical skills and a natural predisposition toward data-driven decision making
- Ability to make reasoned decisions in the face of uncertainty or imperfect data
- Previous experience interacting with and presenting to C-level executives
- Experience with enterprise software preferred
- Aptitude to quickly come up to speed on new technology concepts and passion to evangelize a disruptive new technology
- You are a strong leader, self-starter and excellent teammate with experience in a high achievement-oriented environment.
Please note that while anyone with a legal right to work in the U.S. may apply for this role, VMware is not presently sponsoring work visas for the entry-level roles for which these Internships may prepare you.
Category : University and Recent Grads
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Work From Home: No
Posted Date: 2020-03-18
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R1908537