Zuora creates cloud-based software on a subscription basis that enables any company in any industry to successfully launch, manage, and transform into a subscription business. Our growth story is far from over and our new Customer Strategy team is pivotal in building a strategy for long-term customer retention and happiness. We are looking for a highly collaborative, hands-on Customer Marketing and Strategy Intern that has ambitions to pursue Marketing, Product Management, Strategy, or Consulting in the future.
This is a highly cross-functional role in a small, high-impact group of the company.
- Do you enjoy working with a wide range of people? Can you engage in a deep dialog with customers, who range from developers to CFOs?
- Do you enjoy getting you hands in customer data, and have a knack for translating those raw numbers into stories, insights, and clarity?
- Do you have a secret desire to be a scriptwriter, or author, or director to bring new thought leadership to the world?
- Can you write a sharp blog and create a killer PowerPoint presentation?
This is your chance to:
- Drive strategy for a customer expansion and retention
- Collaborate with multiple teams across the org, including Marketing, Sales, and Product
- Learn how a world-class SaaS company designs for customer experience
- Build content that impacts and educates customers
- Work alongside a world class team, including the Chief Customer Officer, Director of Strategy, Director of Customer Experience, VP Business Innovation, and VP Engineering
- And learn a great deal about the craft of SaaS companies and marketing along the way
- Take complex ideas and communicate them in a simple, elegant way
- Put together compelling content that makes people want to buy
- Develop a point of view and create thought leadership for complex topics like usage-based billing and the future of software subscriptions
- Test ideas, iterate, and engage with customers in new, creative ways
- Research the market to understand customer needs and market dynamics, and use that understanding to build compelling content used by the sales team and customers
- Work with data, and not be afraid to dive into stats and metrics
- Research key verticals to deeply understand customer needs and use data to create compelling, educational content for different customer segments
- Deliver assets and collateral to help the customer success and sales team articulate our value through PowerPoint, imagery, videos
- Craft engaging and high quality marketing collateral using various medium: keynotes, videos, the written word, and the almighty PowerPoint
- Work with marketing, sales, PR, and event teams to develop marketing launch plans
- Work with some of the best and industry renowned product management and marketing leaders in the business
- Make a measurable impact on one of the fastest growing companies in Silicon Valley
- MBA welcome, but not a must.
- Has experience or currently pursing a degree related to Consulting, Finance, Law, Marketing, Communications, or Creative Writing.
- Fluency with Microsoft Powerpoint & Excel. Adobe creative suite a plus.
- Business acumen and general awareness of technology fundamentals required.
- Organized, able prioritize and to keep track of multiple ongoing work streams.
- A builder attitude -- hungry, humble, and willing to learn.
- Strong written verbal and communication skills, able to work with wide range of people
Zuora provides the leading cloud-based subscription management platform that functions as a system of record for subscription businesses across all industries. Powering the Subscription Economy®, the Zuora platform was architected specifically for dynamic, recurring subscription business models and acts as an intelligent subscription management hub that automates and orchestrates the entire subscription order-to-cash process, including billing and revenue recognition.
At Zuora, every employee is the CEO of their career and leading our mission are over 1,200 passionate and innovative ZEOs who value freedom, responsibility and accountability in equal measure because they have the capacity to make shift happen. Our culture isn't an empty branding effort. We take it very seriously. We encourage our employees to be curious, creative, and stay focused on our shared mission of enabling our customers to be successful.
Zuora serves more than 1,000 companies around the world, including Box, Rogers, Schneider Electric, Xplornet and Zendesk. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Zuora also operates offices in Atlanta, Boston, Frisco, Denver, San Francisco, London, Paris, Beijing, Sydney, Chennai and Tokyo.
At Zuora, different perspectives, experiences and contributions matter. Everyone counts. Zuora is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To learn more visit www.zuora.com ( http://www.zuora.com/ )