Siemens Industry, Inc.
Software Engineering Development Program
Are you interested in developing the systems and solutions that keep cities growing, businesses flourishing and people safe? Software engineers at Siemens work on a broad portfolio of grid control and automation; low- and medium-voltage power distribution, switching and control; and building automation, fire safety and security, HVAC control and energy solutions. Learn about software development across our businesses in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
What is the Engineering Development Program?
The Software Engineering Development Program (SEDP) positions you to be an integral part of the Siemens engineering team, across a portfolio of products. Participants will have the opportunity to create new products and applications using the latest technologies and applying industry best-practices to drive the growth of Siemens as a full-stack engineer, back-end developer, front-end developer, mobile developer, or project lead.
The program is a 12-13 week internship position with benefits and is designed to help you create a successful career path as a software leader within Siemens.
Potential experiences include:
- Product design and development
- Test automation
- Project management
- Participate in an internship supporting across Smart Infrastructure businesses
- Receive regular formal classroom and virtual training in Agile software development, technical skill development, leadership, and business acumen
- Work alongside senior software leaders and other program participants to deliver business value on tight deadlines
- Report out regularly to senior business leaders on deliverables
- Partner with formal mentors in upper management
- Work on a cross-functional team to create innovative solutions to problems cutting across multiple business segments
- Mentor interns and co-ops
Who Should Apply?
We’re looking for people who are resourceful — true problem solvers who challenge themselves to find the most effective and efficient solutions to complex challenges. We provide a platform for those who want to have an impact on the future and contribute to the successes of the company, our customers and the world.
To apply for the Software Engineering Development Program, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or candidate
- Must be willing to relocate and travel as required by program
- Permanent work authorization in the U.S. is required
We also strongly seek applicants with the following:
- High aptitude for learning new technologies quickly
- Experience working in an Agile environment (via co-op, internship or classroom experience)
- Experience with cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure
- Experience with web development using Angular or React
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with ability to articulate technical problems in clear and simple terms
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Leadership skills inside and outside the classroom
- Curiosity and passion for trying new things
- Strong customer focus
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Part-time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information.