At Sylvan, we are building academic confidence, igniting intellectual curiosity, and inspiring the love of learning. We believe education is everything. A child’s future depends on a solid education and a love of learning. We teach our students how to learn, so they build confidence and develop the skills needed to achieve success in school and beyond.
Making sure learning clicks for each child isn’t always easy, but it’s exactly what we love. When you choose Sylvan as a career, you join a group of caring, bright and motivated people who share a passion for making learning personal and inspiring kids to thrive. Join us in changing lives!
Sylvan Learning is a franchise organization and is the leading provider of tutoring to students of all ages, grades and skill levels with more than 700 centers located throughout North America.
Are you an energetic, flexible team player with a positive attitude and willingness to go beyond the scope of the job to help your team meet its objectives? Are you looking for a Company where you can grow and develop your career while building a skillset that will last a lifetime?
Then we want you!
Sylvan is looking for a Marketing Intern for the Spring and Summer Semester! As a successful Marketing Intern you will be an integral part of the Marketing team and supporting the team’s daily functions. As a marketing intern, your efforts will be focused on helping the marketing team expand our market share, as well as strengthen the Sylvan Brand through the implementation of integrated marketing campaigns.
This is a paid internship, so applicants are expected to approach the internship application process in the same way that they would a full-time position. Expected hours are 10-20 hours per week.
As a successful Marketing Intern you will be exposed to and learn skills such as:
- Brand marketing: Understand the research and strategy behind the branding approach as well as how to communicate this via customer facing collateral.
- Email marketing: Learn the strategy behind targeted emails, email software and reporting features to test effectiveness of email campaigns.
- Local store marketing: Learn how to take national marketing initiatives and localize them for most effective market penetration.
- Motivational program: Learn how to execute and enhance an employee motivational program that helps reach the marketing team’s goals.
- Research: Monitor the competitive environment to ensure the marketing team develops highly targeted strategies
Other duties as required: Maintaining schedules, helping to fulfill marketing prizes, some data entry, assistance with ongoing maintenance and management of marketing platforms COMPASS and MARC, etc.
- Working towards a bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising or public relations
- Quick learner with a willingness to learn, support the team and always do what is necessary to achieve objectives
- Exceptional communications skills, both oral and written
- Strong problem-solving, analytical and creative skills (think out-side-the-box)
- Comfortably presenting to mid-size groups for presentations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
What you get in return:
As a Sylvan team member, you’ll work in a fast-paced environment and make an impact on our business contributing towards the success of our company! Our total rewards package includes:
- Competitive market-pay based compensation
- Great location in beautiful Hunt Valley
- Fun company culture that empowers team members and rewards outstanding performance
- Potential to continue into the Fall Semester
Additionally, through on-the-job training and learning opportunities, you can develop your career at Sylvan and succeed with us in future roles!
If you want to be a part of an inspired organization that believes in fostering knowledge and confidence in children, improving the lives of thousands of families every day - apply today, and don’t let this opportunity pass you by!