Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented
storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN,
DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Opportunity OverviewAbout Us
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TCM, truTV and others.
See what it’s like to work at WarnerMedia! Discover more about the program and follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What does our department do?
This position is with one of the Delivery Teams within the WarnerMedia Supply Chain (MSC) organization. This team is based in Atlanta, and we build and maintain mission-critical video content supply chain systems to WarnerMedia’s broadcast networks and Direct-To-Consumer offerings. Sample deliverables for the MSC organization include systems that handle ingest of content received from distributors/studios, automation of transcoding to/from various video formats, automation of quality control, automation of workflows for content customization (edit), and the implementation/maintenance of a master video library for all of the networks’ content. We are migrating our system to modern cloud architecture, and in doing so, using AWS services such as lambda, API Gateway, S3, DynamoDB, SQS/SNS, DynamoDB and others.
What will you be doing?
Daily Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Assisting with the design and creation of software applications as a member of an agile team of software developers
- Performing triage and resolution of software defects
- Assisting with the creation of enhancements to software in accordance with feature specifications
- Conducting software tests in adherence with quality standards
- Participating in the design and planning of new features
- Providing third tier support for production issues and working with other peer WarnerMedia Media Supply Chain teams
What do we require from you?
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited university
- Should have experience with object-oriented programming
- Must have the interpersonal (soft) skills and judgment required for interacting effectively with a broad spectrum of people, both individually and in groups
- Must be a creative and original thinker
- Must demonstrate a passion for computer science fundamentals and an eagerness to learn and build upon these skills.
Other Desirable Qualifications
- Experience with Web Development Technologies
- Experience working with Python
- Experience working with XML/JSON and associated modern data formats
- Familiarity with AWS or relevant cloud technologies
- Experience with relational databases, including working or academic knowledge of SQL and modern ORM tools
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies (e.g. Scrum or Kanban)
What’s so great about this internship?
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you’d like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.