We are Dataminr. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of AI, public data, and real-time information as a force for good in the world. Over the last decade, our team has established and refined the leading AI platform for real-time event and risk detection. We surface the earliest signals of unfolding events and emerging risks within an increasingly diverse and complex landscape of publicly available information, enabling more effective risk mitigation strategies, faster response, and better crisis management. Dataminr serves thousands of professionals in 70+ countries by delivering timely, relevant, and actionable alerts to public and private sector organizations around the world.
We've grown to over 500 talented employees across seven global offices and raised $392 million in funding in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross-team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work together, make a meaningful contribution, and have fun. Join us and help the world manage risk in real time.
You are a highly motivated self-starter and problem solver interested in the intersection of business, technology, and current events. You are innovative and adaptable, with the ability to balance multiple projects at the same time. You have an analytical mindset and are excited to support Dataminr's strategic growth and operations.
You will assist Dataminr's Analysis team in drawing insights to inform strategic and operational decisions. You will work with large amounts of data and develop models, conduct research to inform decision making, and convey strategic insights. You will play a critical role in exciting initiatives to make the organization more successful.
About the Role:
- Build high-visibility documents, including executive- and client-facing presentations and reports
- Drive insights through data analysis, reporting, and visualization
- Assist in development and execution of key strategic, operational, and analytical initiatives
- Complete ad-hoc business and research requests (e.g., explore new data sources, providing analytical support for key business decisions)
- Collaborate with cross-functional team of domain experts, product managers, and engineers
- Completing a 4-year undergraduate degree from a top tier university, preferably in Economics, Finance, Computer Science, Data Analytics, or related fields
- Demonstrated experience with analytical and presentation tools (e.g., Microsoft Excel/PowerPoint, Google Sheets/Slides)
- Experience with, or a willingness to explore, business intelligence tools (e.g., Tableau, Looker)
- High attention to detail and strong time management skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively within a team
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Experience in analytical languages a plus (e.g., SQL, Python)
- Daily catered meal
- Stocked pantry with snacks and beverages
- Exclusive access to Dataminr application