Interns will have the opportunity to develop technical skills and expand their industry knowledge through hands on experience and are included in the regular daily activities within their respective functional department (i.e. staff meetings, customer meetings (as appropriate), and technical discussions that would pertain to their area of expertise).
General daily responsibilities in this role may include:
- working with our embedded products products.
- Investigating new technologies for inclusion into our products.
- Designing new enhancements to our software.
- Working with a mentor to learn about software principles / technical development.
- Development in C, C++
- Ensuring the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the product
- Collaborating with other team members
**Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status**
Typical Education & Experience
Required Skills and Education
Basic understanding of skills in software design and coding.
Exposure to programming languages (C, C++, etc)
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.