We are looking for a manufacturing Technical Support Intern to join our team for the summer of 2020. The qualified candidate will be part of the Parts & Service group and interact with field service, engineering, production, order entry and sales. The person in this role will be exposed to technical product issues that require technical analysis, followed by technical support/troubleshooting and part identification.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Improvement Projects - support of process improvement and simplification/standardization projects that increase our ability to deliver high level customer support.
- Ticket/Phone Support – assist with entry level customer requests received via phone or help desk system.
- Technical Support Documentation – reconcile and update technical bulletins/alerts, draft and review knowledge base articles and quick reference guides, review user manuals, update or create new tools to improve communication and access to information.
- Training Support – assist with the creation and update of equipment and process training materials and tools.
The idea is that each intern will work on one main project that is tailored to the specific skills and interests of the candidate. The scope of the projects is chosen so that the intern can complete it within the intern period. In addition to the project itself the intern has the chance to learn about the business practices and philosophies of a Fortune 200 company like ITW.
- Currently enrolled in an Associate or Bachelor’s degree program for engineering or another technical related field
- Manufacturing, training and/or customer service experience preferred but not required
- High degree of technical aptitude and problem solving
- Ability to work as a team or individually with minimal supervision
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmation action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please email ITW EAE Human Resources to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.
Send cover letter and resume to ITW EAE Human Resources