At Namely, we are self-starters and problem solvers, obsessed with creating the best experience for our clients. We are a team of smart and self-motivated engineers who are eager to learn, grow and collaborate with other great engineers. Each person is an owner of their work and directly impacts the success of our products and company.
The SDET team's mission is to build tools and frameworks that enable Software Engineers to easily, efficiently, and comprehensively ensure the high quality of our applications. We are looking for a skilled software engineer with strong programming experience who can translate that knowledge into automated testing approaches. Solid fundamentals with software development, systems, and troubleshooting are keys to success. In addition, we value self-driven thinkers who also know how to collaborate within a strong team.
Help us scale our business to meet the needs of our growing customer base and develop new products on the Namely platform. You'll be a critical part of our growing company, working on a cross-functional team to implement best practices in technology, architecture, and process. You'll have the chance to work in an open and collaborative environment, shape Namely's engineering culture, and have ample opportunities to grow and accelerate your career.
- Design, build, and evolve our test automation tools and frameworks to ensure code quality and developer productivity
- Build libraries and tools wrapping internal APIs to set up comprehensive data for tests
- Assist engineering teams with testing strategies and participate in code reviews
- Develop new automated tests and help improve the reliability of existing tests
- Extract testing techniques and tools into shared libraries and evolve them over time
- 2+ years of overall software engineering experience
- Strong background in writing well-tested code, including experience with e2e automation frameworks
- A self-driven individual who also works well within a team
- A desire to learn the product and its inner workings by playing with it and exploring its many codebases, databases, and event streams
- Proven ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Strong in at least one programming language and comfortable reading code written in any unfamiliar language, whether it be JS, SQL, C#, Golang, Scala, Python, or Ruby
- 1+ years working as an SDET building test automation tools
- Familiar with JS-based automation frameworks like webdriver.io, protractor.js or cypress.io
- Understanding of Behavior Driven Development practices and the Cucumber community
- Experience in agile processes
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines and jobs
- Familiar with Docker
- A working understanding of APIs and knowledge of API testing tools
- Performance testing experience
Namely is the first HR, payroll, and benefits platform employees actually love to use. People are at the center of everything we do—from our platform to our staff. Why join us? We believe every company and every employee deserves a great workplace, supported by HR technology they use and love. Most importantly, we believe in giving you the tools you need to do the best work of your career.
We invite you to fill out the EEO survey below as part of our ongoing diversity initiatives at Namely. Your participation in the survey is completely optional and voluntary, and none of the information you provide will be considered in the hiring process or with respect to any employment decision made by Namely. Namely will have access only to anonymized data submitted through these surveys.