The Alzheimer’s Association Greater Missouri Chapter is seeking a motivated, creative, self-starter to work with the communications team for the summer. The position will focus on writing, content development, and media relations. This is a part-time (15-20 hours per week) paid position based in the Chapter’s St. Louis office. The start and end dates are flexible, though the desired time frame is mid-May through mid-August. This is an awesome opportunity to gain hands-on communications experience and produce portfolio-level writing pieces.
- Develop compelling content about client families, volunteers, Association programs and services, and signature fundraising events - The Longest Day and Walk to End Alzheimer’s.
- 300-500 word stories for submission to local papers
- Short-form narratives for social posts.
- Brief Media pitches
- Conduct outreach to local media outlets
- Conduct interviews with caregivers and volunteers
- Develop creative visual content for social posts
Participate and contribute to team brainstorm sessions.
- Junior or senior undergraduate or graduate student in communications, marketing or journalism
- Strong writer with ability to produce clean, concise, and creative copy
- Experience with developing content for media pitches and social media posts
- Creative storytelling skills
- High comfort level conducting interview with client families and volunteers
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Basic graphic-design skills
- Photography and video skills a plus
- Complete work during traditional work day: Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm