Software Engineer Internship
This intern will performs basic software development assignments within a specific software functional area or product line.
The candidate chosen for this role will work alongside team members in a semi-agile environment and apply technical, analytical and communication skills towards producing and maintaining high quality Portal applications using either Java/J2EE, Spring Framework, REACT/Angular JS, Java Script as per the project needs.
The Candidate will be working on different project i.e. CRU or Claims Reports Portal application.
The CRU application is a backend Java/J2EE based solution that deal with the Police agencies to server the police crash report to the carrier or other system like Claims and police report portal or AFI. This application is using Java/J2EE and Spring Framework.
You will be also working on developing CI/CD for these applications using GITlab/Jenkins CI.
For this role, we need someone driven and willing to work in a fast-paced environment.
Experience (US only) and Education
- BS Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Write and review portions of detailed specifications for the development of system components of simple complexity
- Complete simple bug fixes
- Under the guidance of senior-level engineers, successfully implement development processes, coding best practices and code reviews
- Operate in various development environments (Agile, Waterfall, etc.) while collaborating with key stakeholders
- Resolve basic technical issues as necessary
- Keep abreast of new technology developments
- All other duties as assigned
- Basic knowledge of software development methodologies (e.g., Agile, Waterfall)
- Basic knowledge of applicable development languages including but not limited to: Java/J2EE, JSP HTML, XML, SQL.
- Knowledge of REST/SOAP web services
- Knowledge of Relational Databases like Oracle, MySQL
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix operating system.
- Ability and desire to learn new processes and technologies
- Basic oral and written communications skills
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of application development using programming languages like REACT/Angular JS, java script.
We are an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1.877.734.1938 or [email protected]
Risk & Business Analytics (RBA) provides customers with innovative solutions and decision tools that combine public and industry specific content with advanced technology and analytics to assist them in evaluating and predicting risk while enhancing operational efficiency through eight unique brands. RBA is a market segment of RELX and has more than 8,500 employees serving customers in over 180 countries. RBA’s eight brands include: LexisNexis Risk Solutions, Accuity, Proagrica, ICIS, Cirium, XpertHR, Nextens, and EG.