Our mission is to be the catalyst for massive, measurable, data-informed healthcare improvement through:
Data: integrate data in a flexible, open & scalable platform to power healthcare’s digital transformation
Analytics: deliver analytic applications & services that generate insight on how to measurably improve
Expertise: provide clinical, financial & operational experts who enable & accelerate improvement
Engagement: attract, develop and retain world-class team members by being a best place to work
Duties & Responsibilities
This position will work with a team of data scientists and software engineers to build and enhance data science and Health Catalyst products.
- Products – you will work to contribute software engineering skills and expertise to data science (e.g., explainable AI) and Health Catalyst (e.g., Patient Safety Monitor) products. This will include collaborating with the data science team and other product teams in various roles.
- User Experience – You’ll have the opportunity to participate in user testing with the Analytic Services Organization to understand how they use the products that you are improving.
- Strategy – Participation in the development of strategy for integration of data science offerings across products within Health Catalyst that have different technical standards/frameworks.
- Soft Skills & Important Traits
- Communication skills - articulate speaker, clear writer
- Collaborative and team-oriented
- Passionate about the application of technology to solve real world problems
- Technical Skills
- Experience (1-2 years) writing back-end APIs using C# (preferred) and/or Java
- Experience (1-2 years) writing front-end software using at least one modern web development framework such as Angular (preferred), React, Vue.js
- Knowledge of SQL (specifically MS SQL Server) databases and querying
- Familiarity with performance testing, CI/CD pipelines, and Git.
- Ability to write clear and functional code that contributes to a larger codebase
Education & Relevant Experience
- BS/BA in computer science, or other technical degree and 1-2 years’ experience
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job function. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned by Health Catalyst .
At Health Catalyst, we appreciate the opportunity to benefit from the diverse backgrounds and experiences of others. Because of our deep commitment to respect every individual, Health Catalyst is an equal opportunity employer.