Georgia Tech Research Institute
The High Performance Computing and Data Analytics Branch at GTRI seeks qualified graduate students who are interested in applying their Computer Science and Engineering skills to solve applied research problems for summer 2020. The group is looking for students with strong Computer Science skills interested in the following research areas scalable applications, high performance computing infrastructure and architecture, data science and machine learning applications, natural language processing, scientific computing, category theory, and deep learning.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is willing to work on a variety of problems and able to quickly adapt to new technologies, programming languages, and research domains. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have experience working on undergraduate or graduate research problems in both execution of the technical work as well as report writing and presentations.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Pursuing a Master’s degree or PhD at Georgia Tech in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Data Analytics, Industrial Systems and Engineering, Statistics or related field
- Must be enrolled full-time (12+ credit hours) during working semesters
- 3.2 or higher GPA
- Commit to 15-20 hours of work per week
- Pursuing a Master’s degree or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Data Analytics, Industrial Systems and Engineering, Statistics or related field
- 3.2 or higher GPA
- Commit to 10-15 hours of work per week
- Experience in 1 or more programming languages
- Experience with fundamentals in data structures, linear algebra, operating systems, and statistics
- Strong math skills and ability to learn complex engineering concepts
- Familiarity with Linux and open source tools
- Preferred experience with Python and Jupyter Notebook type environments
- Ability to clearly communicate technical ideas
Hours per Week
10–20 hours per week
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the US federal government, candidates for this position are required to be US Citizens.