An internship at Northrop Grumman is unique. Sure, you'll learn new skills, explore our enterprise, network with experts, connect with thought leaders, and finish with a resume that opens doors. But you'll gain something even more valuable: pride in what you've done. Join us and launch your career. We'll support you with training, employee resource groups, and our shared vision of global security .
Northrop Grumman is seeking Software Engineering Interns to join the Defense Systems Intern Program. This position will be located in Beavercreek, OH
The qualified candidate will become part of Northrop Grumman's Combat Systems & Mission Readiness Division, Mission Readiness & Protective Systems Business Unit, Strategic C2 Operating Unit.
As an intern, you'll participate in a summer internship program to develop competencies in a variety of Software engineering specializations that may include:
- Agile development, f ull stack application development
- Development in one or more of the following languages: Java, C++, C#, Python
- Web development frameworks such Angular
- Utilize database technologies such as Oracle and NoSQL databases
- Develop AI and Machine Learning software and algorithms
A candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria. The candidate must:
- Be enrolled full-time and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited college/university AND graduating after August 2020
- Be majoring in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or another related technical field
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the documents to your application or profile)
- Be available to work full-time (40 hours per week) for at least 10 weeks during summer 2020
- Be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
- 3.7 cumulative GPA or higher
- Previous internship/co-op experience, leadership & teamwork capabilities, interpersonal communication skills, and activities professional/community/extracurricular)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.