Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in autonomous systems, cyber, C4ISR, strike, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Internship opportunities may be part time while attending class (for schools that are a commutable distance to a Northrop Grumman facility, or full time (minimum 8-12 week commitment) in the summer. Cooperative Education opportunities are limited to participating Northrop Grumman locations and candidates from approved university Cooperative Education programs.
The High School Partnership Program, HIP has been prominent since 1997 when it started at our Baltimore, MD site. The program has now grown to over 10 sites all over the country! The goal of the program is to motivate students interested in the STEM and Engineering fields towards a career in the defense industry.
The qualified candidate will work in a dynamic people-focused environment where he/she will interact with users, customers and other developers.
Basic Qualifications: A prospect, regardless of age and hiring source must meet all of the below criteria:
- A current participant of the Northrop Grumman HIP Program
- Currently a high school junior or senior that is enrolled in an accredited high school
- Be a student who is pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited college/university
- Be intending on majoring in a science, technology, engineering, or math related degree
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0 or higher
- Be able to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
- Minimum age of 16 (refer to your state Minors / Work Permit Requirements & Wage & Hour Requirements)
- Where necessary, student under the age of 18 should be able to obtain an age certificate or work permit/certificate
- Commute less than 50 miles of work location
- Overall GPA of 3.7
- Prior internship or research experience in related field
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.