Happy Code Club
Our Mission is to empower the next generation of computer science teachers, technologists, and other professionals.
*How we work:
We partner with elementary and middle schools to provide students after school programs that focus on imparting computational thinking concepts by creating fun experiential projects. The projects students complete introduce and reinforce skills in coding and robotics, which are 21st-century skills that can help shape their future academic goals. We love the work we do and want to share our passion for this wonderful cause with like-minded people.
- Work with HCC’s founder to develop and execute a social media marketing strategy for summer 2020
- Create unique content for Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, and other social media platforms
- Track success of social media engagement
- Contribute to overall brand strategy
- Strategize on new ways to target and track our local audience
- Communicate effectively to team members and the target audience.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher-level education, or currently enrolled in higher education at an accredited institution as a junior or senior
- Excellent skills working with Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. Previous experience working with these for a company is preferred
- Independent and detail-oriented. Many projects will be self-led and require independence in setting realistic and attainable goals
- Proficiency in some or all of the following: Google Drive, Slack, Google Analytics, Mailchimp, and Google Apps Suite
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Local to Stamford, CT area
Flexible hours M-F with remote work possible after training is completed. You may choose your schedule, but it needs to be the same each week in order to schedule meetings and updates with other team members. Up to 20 hours per week is expected from 4/1/2020 to 8/14/2020.
The pay rate is $12.00 per hour. Training and travel (if requested) are paid.
Job Types: Part-time, Internship
Salary: $12.00 /hour
- Social Media or Marketing: 1 year (Required)
- Do you currently have or are actively pursuing a bachelor's degree as a junior or senior?
- One location
- Fully Remote
- Flexible schedule
- Monday to Friday