Wilkinson Ecological Design
The Native Plant Nursery Assistant/Intern is responsible for assisting the Nursery and Greenhouse Manager in all aspects of growing and maintaining native plants for WED’s plant installations. This is a temporary position for May through August.
- Propagate and maintain native plants;
- Clean, sweep, & organize;
- Hand water plants as needed;
- Weed nursery stock as needed;
- Keep accurate records of tasks performed;
- Perform related nursery tasks, as determined by the Nursery & Greenhouse Manager.
- Experience working with plants and/or in a nursery/greenhouse
- General knowledge of plant care and plant identification skills
- Pursuing a degree in horticulture or related area a plus
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with coworkers and other professionals
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to work outdoors, in a variety of adverse weather conditions
- bility to use small hand tools and power tools.
- Must be able to lift material or packages up to 50lbs.
- Ability to perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
- Maintain a well-kept, professional appearance.
- This job will have exposure to occupational hazards such as tick-borne illnesses, biting and stinging insects, and working hard in a variety of adverse weather conditions all year.
- Valid Driver’s License
Please submit a resume and cover letter which includes position of interest to [email protected]