At Ellucian, we’re motivated by a mission. Higher education is facing profound change. Shifting demographics and cultural perceptions, combined with declining support and rising expectations, are forcing colleges to do more with less. That’s where we come in. As true believers in the power of education to transform lives, we’re dedicated to helping all our customers thrive—not just survive—in these challenging times by transforming their institutions from the traditional paper-based colleges of yesterday to the agile, connected campuses of today. From cloud solutions built on world-class infrastructure to powerful analytics that drive successful planning, we lead the industry in building enterprise-class solutions tailored to institutions around the world.
Our passion and commitment for learning and continuous improvement drive us internally, too. From professional development to flexibility and work-life balance, we give our global employees the tools they need to succeed so we can all grow together.
Ellucian products power higher ed institutions around the world. The Ellucian Analytics team is seeking automation test engineer interns with a passion for building and optimizing test automation strategies. You will have the awesome opportunity to work with our team to ideate, validate, and prototype tests automation tools, frameworks and visualize the results.
- Quickly come up to speed on Ellucian Analytics components, the existing testing frameworks/tools and build awareness of where the automation gaps are
- Research testing tools and strategies to identify options including evaluation of test coverage, cost, reporting etc.
- Collaboratively prioritize, design and execute proof of concepts to measure options
- Present outcomes and propose solution for full implementation
- Broad understanding of automation testing capabilities/constraints/trends. Awareness of “off the shelf” testing tools and when/how to leverage them vs developing in-house tool
- Experience with testing tools such as Selenium, Kinesis, Tabjolt or Scout (or similar)
- Technical experience with Python, SQL, Java or Unix shell scripting (or similar). Familiarity with Tableau, Vertica, Jenkins, Pentaho, or NodeJS are a bonus.
- Experience/exposure with virtual/cloud computing environments such as AWS or Docker/Kubernetes
- Exposure to agile testing process
- Exposure to UI and database testing
- Strong communication skills. Must be able to present to and collaborate with both technical and non-technical team members, tailoring communication style & content appropriately.
- Strong collaborator. Must be able to support brainstorming sessions by providing appropriate guidance/feedback that steers the team towards viable & impactful concepts while also fostering divergent thinking.
Ellucian provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ellucian complies with all laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Ellucian expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Ellucian employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.