About Blavity, Inc.

Blavity, Inc. is a venture-funded technology and new media company, which was founded in 2014 with the simple idea of enabling Millennials of Color to tell their own stories. Today, we are home to the largest network of platforms and lifestyle brands serving the multifaceted lives of black millennials through original content, video and unique experiences. The company has grown into a market leader for black media, reaching 30 million millennials per month through its growing brand portfolio; Blavity, 21Ninety, AfroTech, Travel Noire, and Shadow and Act. We are 5 brands with one vision and limitless opportunity!

Assembled of passionate, high-energy, and focused rock-stars, our Blavity Team creates and executes with our values at the forefront of mind:

Blavity, Inc. is continuously looking for new team members to help us continue to scale, cultivate our community, and advance our strategic direction. We are headquartered in Downtown LA, and have a satellite work space in Atlanta. Join us!

What you will do

Blavity, Inc's growing Product team is seeking a Product Marketing Intern to assist with campaigns to drive downloads for the Travel Noire App. In this internship, you can expect to gain:


80% of your professional development we'll be focused on department and team-focused projects related to our Product team initiatives. You'll spend the other 20% of your professional development in networking opportunities, and final presentations of your learnings.


This is an unpaid summer internship in our Los Angeles office. There is a minimum time commitment of 15 hrs per week, ideally committing 15-20 hrs per week during June - August. Please note, this internship is available for college credit.


Intern Responsibilities:


Qualifications:

Years of Experience: Previous internship experience in an applicable or related field preferred

Other experience: Preferred 1+ year of experience in media and/or digital marketing

Education: Currently enrolled in a four-year college, preferably a rising Junior or Senior

Technologies: Fluent in Microsoft Office (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word), Zapier API Integrations, Apple & Android store best practices.

Competencies:

Location: LA

Work Schedule: Availability to join the Blavity team between Monday - Friday from 10am - 4pm. June – August;(We are flexible - you will have the opportunity to work with the Manager to develop a weekly schedule).

Preferred Interests: Love for Black culture, politics and pop culture, community, and a healthy appreciation of GIFs.

EEO Statement

Blavity Inc. is an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect, free of discrimination and harassment, and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.


kVKIcnNKDM

", "datePosted" : "2020-03-15 04:15:00.029827", "validThrough" : "2020-06-15T04:15:00.029827Z[Etc/UTC]", "employmentType" : "INTERN", "hiringOrganization" : { "@type" : "Organization", "name" : " Blavity", "logo" : "" }, "jobLocation": { "@type": "Place", "address": { "@type": "PostalAddress", "addressLocality": "Los Angeles", "addressRegion": "CA", "addressCountry": "US", "postalCode": "90017" } } }
Product Marketing Intern

Blavity

Marketing Internship

About Blavity, Inc.

Blavity, Inc. is a venture-funded technology and new media company, which was founded in 2014 with the simple idea of enabling Millennials of Color to tell their own stories. Today, we are home to the largest network of platforms and lifestyle brands serving the multifaceted lives of black millennials through original content, video and unique experiences. The company has grown into a market leader for black media, reaching 30 million millennials per month through its growing brand portfolio; Blavity, 21Ninety, AfroTech, Travel Noire, and Shadow and Act. We are 5 brands with one vision and limitless opportunity!

Assembled of passionate, high-energy, and focused rock-stars, our Blavity Team creates and executes with our values at the forefront of mind:

  • Love of Community
  • Transparency and Communication
  • Collective Responsibility
  • Fail Fast

Blavity, Inc. is continuously looking for new team members to help us continue to scale, cultivate our community, and advance our strategic direction. We are headquartered in Downtown LA, and have a satellite work space in Atlanta. Join us!

What you will do

Blavity, Inc's growing Product team is seeking a Product Marketing Intern to assist with campaigns to drive downloads for the Travel Noire App. In this internship, you can expect to gain:

  • Hands on experience in data, marketing, and product
  • Experience working in a fast-paced environment
  • Opportunities to connect with with people who can give you a better understanding of the industry and help you accomplish real goals you can add to your resume

80% of your professional development we'll be focused on department and team-focused projects related to our Product team initiatives. You'll spend the other 20% of your professional development in networking opportunities, and final presentations of your learnings.


This is an unpaid summer internship in our Los Angeles office. There is a minimum time commitment of 15 hrs per week, ideally committing 15-20 hrs per week during June - August. Please note, this internship is available for college credit.


Intern Responsibilities:

  • Assist in creating social media and email marketing campaigns to drive downloads for the Travel Noire app by drafting copy and collecting photos
  • Sit in on meetings with the product, content, and growth teams and take notes to gather all assets and tools necessary to execute on social media and email marketing campaigns
  • Contribute to strategic product roadmaps by gathering user and stakeholder feedback
  • Research competitor travel apps and provide notes to contribute to market analysis
  • Participate in brainstorms and contribute ideas that add to the overall product vision, positioning, and direction

Qualifications:

Years of Experience: Previous internship experience in an applicable or related field preferred

Other experience: Preferred 1+ year of experience in media and/or digital marketing

Education: Currently enrolled in a four-year college, preferably a rising Junior or Senior

Technologies: Fluent in Microsoft Office (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word), Zapier API Integrations, Apple & Android store best practices.

Competencies:

  • Solution-oriented and proactive in nature
  • Strong problem solving and analytical skills
  • Ability to work within a fast-paced, agile environment
  • A genuine passion for new technologies and analytical tools

Location: LA

Work Schedule: Availability to join the Blavity team between Monday - Friday from 10am - 4pm. June – August;(We are flexible - you will have the opportunity to work with the Manager to develop a weekly schedule).

Preferred Interests: Love for Black culture, politics and pop culture, community, and a healthy appreciation of GIFs.

EEO Statement

Blavity Inc. is an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect, free of discrimination and harassment, and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.


kVKIcnNKDM