About Blavity, Inc.

Blavity, Inc. is a venture-funded technology and new media company, which was founded in 2014 with the simple idea of enabling Millennials of Color to tell their own stories. Today, we are home to the largest network of platforms and lifestyle brands serving the multifaceted lives of black millennials through original content, video and unique experiences. The company has grown into a market leader for black media, reaching 30 million millennials per month through its growing brand portfolio; Blavity, 21Ninety, AfroTech, Travel Noire, and Shadow and Act. We are 5 brands with one vision and limitless opportunity!

Assembled of passionate, high-energy, and focused rock-stars, our Blavity Team creates and executes with our values at the forefront of mind:

Blavity, Inc. is continuously looking for new team members to help us continue to scale, cultivate our community, and advance our strategic direction. We are headquartered in Downtown LA, and have a satellite workspace in Atlanta. Join us!

Details: This is a paid summer internship (June - August), and there is a minimum time commitment of 15hrs per week, with the ideal intern committing 20hrs per week.

What you will do

Blavity, Inc.'s growing Partnerships and Sales team is seeking a Programmatic Partnerships and Sales Intern! In this internship, you can expect to gain:


80% of your professional development we'll be focused on department and team-focused projects. You'll spend the other 20% of your professional development in networking opportunities and final presentations of your learnings.


This is an unpaid summer internship in our Los Angeles office. There is a minimum time commitment of 15 hrs per week, ideally committing 15-20 hrs per week during June - August. Please note, this internship is available for college credit.

Intern Responsibilities:


Qualifications:

Years of Experience: Previous internship experience in an applicable or related field preferred

Other experience: Preferred 1+ year of experience in media and/or digital marketing

Education: Currently enrolled in a four-year college, preferably a rising Junior or Senior

Technologies: Fluent in Microsoft Office (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word) and LinkedIn

Competencies:

Location: LA

Work Schedule: Availability to join the Blavity team between June – August; [Monday- Wednesday] (We are flexible - you will have the opportunity to work with the Manager to develop a weekly schedule).

Preferred Interests: Love for Black culture, events, STEM and community


EEO Statement

Blavity Inc. is an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect, free of discrimination and harassment, and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.


9sz7kT0rj0

", "datePosted" : "2020-03-15 04:15:00.029827", "validThrough" : "2020-06-15T04:15:00.029827Z[Etc/UTC]", "employmentType" : "INTERN", "hiringOrganization" : { "@type" : "Organization", "name" : " Blavity", "logo" : "" }, "jobLocation": { "@type": "Place", "address": { "@type": "PostalAddress", "addressLocality": "Los Angeles", "addressRegion": "CA", "addressCountry": "US", "postalCode": "90017" } } }
Programmatic Partnerships and Sales Intern

Blavity

Marketing Internship

About Blavity, Inc.

Blavity, Inc. is a venture-funded technology and new media company, which was founded in 2014 with the simple idea of enabling Millennials of Color to tell their own stories. Today, we are home to the largest network of platforms and lifestyle brands serving the multifaceted lives of black millennials through original content, video and unique experiences. The company has grown into a market leader for black media, reaching 30 million millennials per month through its growing brand portfolio; Blavity, 21Ninety, AfroTech, Travel Noire, and Shadow and Act. We are 5 brands with one vision and limitless opportunity!

Assembled of passionate, high-energy, and focused rock-stars, our Blavity Team creates and executes with our values at the forefront of mind:

  • Love of Community
  • Transparency and Communication
  • Collective Responsibility
  • Fail Fast

Blavity, Inc. is continuously looking for new team members to help us continue to scale, cultivate our community, and advance our strategic direction. We are headquartered in Downtown LA, and have a satellite workspace in Atlanta. Join us!

Details: This is a paid summer internship (June - August), and there is a minimum time commitment of 15hrs per week, with the ideal intern committing 20hrs per week.

What you will do

Blavity, Inc.'s growing Partnerships and Sales team is seeking a Programmatic Partnerships and Sales Intern! In this internship, you can expect to gain:

  • Knowledge about media sales within a fast-growing startup
  • Experience working in a fast-paced environment
  • Experience and learn how to pitch BIG ideas while supporting critical needs within our Sales and Partnerships team
  • Opportunities to connect with with people who can give you a better understanding of the industry and help you accomplish real goals you can add to your resume
  • Outstanding time management skills; handle multiple and changing priorities.

80% of your professional development we'll be focused on department and team-focused projects. You'll spend the other 20% of your professional development in networking opportunities and final presentations of your learnings.


This is an unpaid summer internship in our Los Angeles office. There is a minimum time commitment of 15 hrs per week, ideally committing 15-20 hrs per week during June - August. Please note, this internship is available for college credit.

Intern Responsibilities:

  • Provide sales team with adequate contact information for key prospects
  • Schedule sales meetings
  • Assist with preparing sales presentations and proposals
  • Report on marketing trends and competitor analysis

Qualifications:

Years of Experience: Previous internship experience in an applicable or related field preferred

Other experience: Preferred 1+ year of experience in media and/or digital marketing

Education: Currently enrolled in a four-year college, preferably a rising Junior or Senior

Technologies: Fluent in Microsoft Office (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word) and LinkedIn

Competencies:

  • Ambitious, possessing a deep curiosity in the business of media sales
  • Highly organized and detail-oriented, with exceptional follow-up skills
  • Excellent written and verbal communications skills
  • Collaborative, entrepreneurial, self-starter who is motivated to work hard in a fast-paced environment
  • Creative problem-solving skills and a commitment to the execution of a task

Location: LA

Work Schedule: Availability to join the Blavity team between June – August; [Monday- Wednesday] (We are flexible - you will have the opportunity to work with the Manager to develop a weekly schedule).

Preferred Interests: Love for Black culture, events, STEM and community


EEO Statement

Blavity Inc. is an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect, free of discrimination and harassment, and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.


9sz7kT0rj0