Performs workstation, software, peripheral, network and workflow support. Provides input to develop solutions. Assists with project assignments and documentation; operational and business objectives; best technology capabilities; task level resource requirements; task plans; and collaborative communications. Provides first level diagnostic Help Desk and after hours support to include on-call responsibilities.
This position is on an Agile oriented team utilizing Scrum and Kanban workflows to build and support applications in primarily Visual Studio and .NET supported environments.
- Provides application, technical and preventative maintenance support for multiple end-user systems.
- Contributes to departmental projects and solutions implementation.
- Demonstrates, through output, a solid understanding of networking and distributed computing environment concepts and principles of client/server configuration.
- Supports development of information system requirements to include process and documentation creation and maintenance.
- Maintains user confidence.
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains high level of quality work in a stressful environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field.
- Microsoft, CompTIA, or equivalent preferred.
- For Information Technology Division caregivers, ITIL Foundations certification is required within 6 months of position start date.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Minimum of 1 year of implementation, support and management of computer-based information systems experience preferably in a health care environment, or equivalent experience in end user training or in an operational or financial role utilizing the systems or data generated by the systems supported by this position.
- Offset: High School Diploma / GED or equivalent and more than 1 year of experience.
- Offset: Bachelor’s Degree and no experience.
- Web Service/API knowledge
- C# .NET programming
- SQL Server, Visual Studio, Visual Basic
- Will be required to frequently move or box: workstations, monitors, printers and peripherals up to 75 pounds with the use of a two-wheeled cart or dolly.
- May occasionally be required to transport equipment in personal vehicle.
- Requires normal or corrected vision, hearing and speech.
- Requires frequent standing, walking, sitting and manual dexterity to operate computer.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required for procedures.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic’s Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities