As a BVA Web Developer Intern , You’ll get hands-on exposure to BVA’s projects involving front-end development, migration, integration, and custom app development.
What you’ll do…
- Translate requirements and mockups into fully functioning websites using HTML/CSS/JS
- Continuously look for ways to improve conversion rates and implement A/B tests
- Assist in Designing, building, and maintain software features, middleware, and data migration scripts for our clients
- Contribute to all parts of the software lifecycle process, including defining requirements, planning, prototyping, development, and testing
- Diagnosing and remediating software bugs in a timely manner
- Assisting with productizing code to be scalable and reusable across a range of client sizes and business needs
- Partner with senior developers & different functions within the organization to ensure timely delivery and accuracy from a full stack scope
- Learn to deliver the best technical implementations for our eCommerce partners - all rooted in acquisition, conversion and retention
What you’ll need…
- A desire to convert PSD mockups into interactive digital experiences
- Demonstrated proficiency in hand-coding (no WYSIWYG) HTML using semantic markup, and CSS layout / positioning
- Understanding of open source backend technologies (e.g., PHP 7, Node.js, Ruby on Rails)
- Experience using JS Frameworks (jQuery, Vue, React, etc.)
- Basic understanding of web server configuration, cron management, package management (apt or similar) and other housekeeping
- Knowledge of AWS, DigitalOcean, Rackspace, etc.
- Experience with MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Ability to thrive in a results-oriented, high-freedom work environment
- An understanding of MVC patterns and the fundamentals of REST
- Excellent time management, problem solving, teamwork, and communication skills
Bonus points for…
- eCommerce development knowledge (Shopify, Magento, etc.)
- Experience with Linux and basic shell scripting
- Knowledge in Laravel 5+ and Laravel Forge
- Familiarity with automated unit testing
- Versed in agile development practices
Who we are…
- We are a team that leads with results, works hard to build the better, optimizes inward, stays gritty, and strives for excellence.
- We’re a member of San Diego Business Journal’s 2017 Best Places to Work, a 100+ person work fam, passionate, high-growth, fast paced and all in.
- We enjoy tons of office perks, a full social calendar, casual dress code, competitive benefits, unlimited PTO and free swag from premier client brands.
- We are motivated, ambitious and ready to join forces with you to take on the digital world!
What we do…
- We’re one of the six pioneer Shopify Plus agency partners, currently the largest in the world.
- We partner with Shopify Plus, Google, Yotpo, Dynamic Yield and Workarea to offer website design/development, digital marketing, Amazon services and conversion rate optimization (CRO)
- We are innovative, data driven eCommerce experts with a best-in-class technology stack that allows us to create valuable digital experiences and accelerated revenue for our clients.