FC Tulsa is looking for an intern who wants to help grow the brand amongst external media. Working with the Communications and Digital team, the primary focus of the position will be to support all efforts to earn media, locally and nationally, working with newspapers, TV stations, blogs and websites covering FC Tulsa. The ideal applicant will be a self-starter, curious about pushing their craft, and be ready to take on new challenges. The desire to be part of a “start-up” and build something special is required.
Our Motto: “For Tulsa” is at the center of all that we do.
The Communications Intern, working under the guidance of the Head of Communications and Digital, will get real world pro sports experience writing, editing and publishing content for the club's website. Tasks will include interviewing players and coaches at training sessions and following matches, transcribing quotes, building and editing match notes, and more. Applicants should be prepared to engage with professional athletes and media members on a regular basis.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Write, edit and post articles for the team website
- Gather quotes from players and coaches.
- Sit in on press conferences and transcribe quotes following.
- Research and organize stats before and after matches.
- Assist with email marketing.
- Build and edit match notes on Adobe InDesign.
- Assist with posting to team's social media platforms.
- Assist with media responsibilities.
- Interested in pursuing a career in sports journalism.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Adobe InDesign.
- Demonstrated writing and grammar proficiency in AP Style.
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism within a professional sports environment and in media work zones.
- Enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program and eligible for college credit.
- Available 20-25 hours per week, including nights, weekends and game days.