Marriott Vacations Worldwide
Offered at our Corporate Headquarters in Orlando, Florida, the Corporate College Internship Program is an immersion program offering participants work experience in one specific department within a resort. Interns will participate in the following activities; comprehensive onboarding, operational duties within their assigned department, eLearning, and virtual meetings with company leaders, job shadowing, and a business case project.
The College Internship Program is designed to last 3-6 months depending upon the participant's availability and the needs of the department. The participants should expect to work a full time schedule in this program. All College Internships are paid at an hourly wage.
Successful College Interns will be given a high level of consideration when applying for future career opportunities with Marriott Vacation Worldwide.
The Corporate College Internship Program is available in the following departments :
- Human Resources
- Information Technology - Security
- PSM -- Inventory & Revenue Management
- Public Relations/Corporate Affairs
- Resort Operations (Corporate)
- Sales & Marketing (Corporate)
Participants will be expected to learn and perform the job duties of the position(s) within their assigned department. Interns may also be involved in department projects.
Participants will also learn components of what drives Guest Satisfaction and Associate Engagement on site; will have opportunities to contribute to these important matters. Participants in the IT Security Intern Program will work directly with our Cyber Security team on real projects utilizing Enterprise grade production systems. They will receive mentoring and guidance from professionals working within security. IT Security Interns will also build and refine current tools and practices within our security practice as part of the internship.
Interns will be introduced to and have the opportunity to demonstrate the company's values and core beliefs.
- Candidate should be pursuing a college degree.
- It is preferred that the candidate is actively pursuing a degree in Hospitality or Business. For IT Security roles majors related to IT administration or Computer Science are preferred. IT Security intern roles are also open to candidates of any major including undecided.
- Prior Hospitality experience preferred, but not required.
- Past Interns who are interested in completing an additional internship will be considered first. Previous performance rating will be taken into consideration.
- All interns must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Marriott Vacations Worldwide Corporation Policy HR-EMP-19 Standards of Appearance.
- Interns should dress with good business taste and in clothing appropriate to their jobs. Good business taste is defined by our Dress Your Day policy. Dress Your Day allows for business casual clothes including jeans and dress sneakers when your agenda that day does not require you to dress in business attire. Examples may be meetings with leadership or outside events where you represent Marriott Vacations Worldwide Corporation.