Software Development Engineer Internship - Backend
Rhapsody Int'l is a pioneer in digital music and a leading provider of music streaming technologies and services for businesses, including some of the world's most recognized and respected consumer services companies. Rhapsody operates the Napster platform in 35 countries with a premium subscription service giving millions of subscribers unlimited ad-free access to the music they love anywhere, anytime and on any device – online or offline. Napster combines the iconic history of one of the most recognizable music brands in the world with the vast experience and technological platform of Rhapsody International Inc., the industry's first subscription streaming service provider. Rhapsody is headquartered in Seattle, with offices across the U.S., Europe, Asia, and Latin America.
We not only offer a best in class music service directly to millions of customers, but we are reshaping the music industry by powering companies to create new innovative music streaming services and experiences with our “powered by Napster” music platform solutions. Would you like to work with us to bring this secret sauce to more customers? Imagine a company dedicated to expanding the music industry. Come work with us and make it happen. Impact how millions of music fans listen to music every day!
You are currently in an undergraduate or graduate Computer Science program. You are looking for fast-paced growth environment, you are eager to take challenges to solve complex problems to build highly scalable and highly available service applications that serve millions of users 24x7.
About the Role:
This position is a paid internship and will focus on assisting the backend platform team that supports our apps.
- Work on projects to help enhance the backend features of our platform, supporting Sr SDE’s writing code in Java (and possibly other languages)
- Communicate effectively cross-teams to support ongoing development efforts
- Java programming experience
- Completed at least one Data Structure or Algorithms course
- Knowledge of SQL database technologies such as Oracle, MySQL
- Knowledge of NoSQL database technologies such as Cassandra, MongoDB, Elasticsearch
- Desire to work on a backend platform and technologies
Bonus point if you have experience with:
- Familiarity with agile methodologies such as Kanban, Scrum
- Spring Development
- Familiarity with music industry domain knowledge
This is a great internship opportunity with an established and globally recognized brand with hands on exposure to backend app development and working with a highly skilled team of Sr Devs.