ECS Federal LLC
ECS is seeking a Cloud Developer (Intern) in our Fairfax, VA office.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking for a long-term opportunity, growth, flexible work environment with competitive salary and great benefits. The intern will work closely with team members to develop software solutions to meet end-user requirements. If you are self-motivated, work well with a team as well as individually, are able to bring innovative solutions to the table, and like to learn; this is a great opportunity for you!
This position will perform and have the following duties, roles, and/or responsibilities:
- Design, develop and implement web-based applications.
- Demonstrate strong troubleshooting skills to solve complex problems across a large enterprise.
- Demonstrate a flexible attitude, ability to perform under pressure and ability to handle change easily while meeting deadlines.
- Communicate with technical and non-technical audiences verbally and in writing to design efficient and effective applications.
- Work independently and in a team environment, to give and receive direction.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Participate in code reviews for team members as well as yourself.
- Assist in the setup of production environments including application servers and database structure.
- Assist in the implementation of applications through various testing phases and into production environments.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, work in a team environment and think analytically.
- Perform maintenance on programs currently in production.
- Assist QA teams with writing test scripts and explaining functionality.
- Unit Testing candidate releases
- Must be US Citizen or Green Card Holder and must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance
- A positive attitude and willingness to work with the team to achieve department goals
- Effective communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Angular 2+
- Must be able to code to a wire frame model utilizing CSS match styles
- Experience with code versioning tools, such as SVN or GIT
- Experience developing on multiple platforms including Windows and Linux
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Familiarity with Agile Scrum methodology
- Experience w/ Java or Spring Framework a plus
- Experience interfacing with REST Web services
- Experience working on an Agile development team
- Contributor to open source projects
- Cloud workload experience (Amazon Web Services, Azure)
- Understanding of machine learning, and it’s use in anomaly detection
- Experience evaluating new methodologies and technologies to meet requirements and deliver capabilities
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 2300+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.