Purpose: This internship position is responsible for the development of embedded software for Ethernet switches.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities:
- Understand software requirements and specifications for new and updated Transition Networks’ products.
- Design, develop, debug, and modify embedded software.
- Participate in project plans and meetings pertaining to the software development projects.
- Participate in design and code reviews as required during development projects.
Nature & Scope:
- No travel is required.
Environmental Job Requirements Category:
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Some experience with embedded software development
- Ability to ramp up quickly.
- Willing to work closely with other SW and HW Engineers and contribute in a team
- Ability to work on solutions independently.
- Having taken some of the following courses:
- Introduction to Operating Systems, Internet Programming, Introduction to Computer Networks, Operating Systems, Introduction to Distributed Systems, Advanced Internet Programming, Real-Time and Embedded Systems, Data Communications and Computer Networks, Foundations of Advanced Networking
- Enrolled in BS or MS in Computer Science.
- Excellent C programming skills
- Proficiency in debugging and troubleshooting in Linux and embedded system environments.
- Strong interest in pursuing a career in the Networking industry.
- Familiarity with Ethernet, networking and communications protocols, Ethernet, TCP/IP, bridging, routing and other networking fundamentals is a plus.
- Knowledge of Software Configuration management tool Git is desirable.
- Currently seeking a BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
- High School or better
- ANALYTICAL SKILLS
- CRITICAL THINKING
- COMMUNICATION SKILLS (ORAL & WRITTEN)
- TIME MANAGEMENT
- TECHNOLOGY- NETWORKING
- TECHNOLOGY- SOFTWARE SKILLS
- TECHNOLOGY- HARDWARE ENGINEERING
- ABILITY TO PAY ATTENTION TO DETAIL
- Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
- Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)