Contribute to content and optimization strategies that boost organic and paid digital performance in support of the company’s marketing, sales and customer experience goals.
- Support strategic campaigns by creating actionable plans to improve how visitors find and use our digital channels. Implement enhancements for search engine optimization (SEO), visitor engagement, conversion, user interaction and brand impressions.
- Write marketing content for digital projects including social media posts, web pages, digital ads, search engine marketing (SEM) and other deliverables. Content should be compelling, achieve intended goals, and match the company’s tone, voice and editorial style guidelines.
- Update and publish content on websites using a content management system – and on social media using native platforms and other publishing tools.
- Assist with the social media content calendar and planning, as well as online reviews and reputation management.
- Gain first-hand experience with Google Analytics and digital metrics dashboards – and learn how to provide digital insights based on data.
- Shadow web development to understand sprint processes using the Agile methodology.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interact with all levels and departments throughout the organization while maintaining high level of confidentiality.
- Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communications with internal and external customers.
- Adhere to company privacy guidelines, ensuring customer privacy.
- Maintain regular attendance as required by the position.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Function as an effective team member while supporting the efforts and strategies, initiatives and projects of other departments.
- Support the mission, vision, and values of Midco.
- Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
- Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and detail-oriented approach towards work and all work projects.
- Possess strong problem solving, critical thinking, and decision-making skills while using good judgment.
- Multi-task without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Adhere to Midco policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Completed or working toward a college degree (junior level and up) in marketing, communications, journalism, English, public relations, media studies or a related field required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Excellent project management skills required.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills required.
- Understanding of or experience with web or social marketing, communication and publishing preferred.
- Knowledge AP style guide preferred.
- Augsburg University Midco Scholarship Recipient preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or carry loads of up to 30 lbs.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
- Employees may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings and weekends as business demands.
Midco has been blazing trails since 1931, bringing innovation to the world of telecommunications and delighting customers with exceptional service. Through ambition, imagination and a genuine commitment to each other, Midco proudly serves more than 385,000 residential and business customers in 342 communities in Kansas, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. By 2025, Midco will deploy 10G, the next great leap for broadband – while also expanding its fixed wireless network to rural areas. We’re also dedicated to making our communities better places to live, work and play. Ready to work at Midco? We thought so. Here are a few more reasons why Midco is one of the best places to work:
- Free and discounted Midco internet / cable
- Tuition reimbursement
- Support of employee involvement in the communities we serve
- Employee referral program
- Wellness programs
Visit MidcoCareers.com to learn about employment opportunities and apply today.
Midco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view our full EEO and federal contractor supplemental posters, please click HERE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)