Digital Map Products
Intern, Software Engineer: Begins June 22, 2020 - August 14, 2020
Compensation: $25.00 per hour
LightBox is seeking Software Developers for our summer internship program! As an intern, you will be working with amazing technology mentors and skilled Software Developers who are innovating on LightBox’s technology platform. This opportunity allows you to learn about LightBox and our vision to revolutionize Commercial Real Estate and FinTech solutions, and to contribute to that vision by working on one of our teams to build real, working Products!
Working with our seasoned Engineers through our mentoring program, you will gain a tremendous amount of experience using a hands-on approach. The ideal candidate starts with a positive attitude, a willingness to learn and collaborate with others, and a hunger to build amazing software. These traits are further backed by a strong educational foundation in Computer Science, Software Engineering, and technology concepts.
What You Will Do:
Working with some of our top senior technology leaders on a collaborative Engineering team, your tasks and responsibilities would include some of the following:
- Develop, extend, and improve Front-end (UI) components to support basic Product features
- Develop, extend, and improve Back-end APIs and services
- Help build solutions with Big Data and Geospatial technologies
- Define, develop, and execute unit tests and automated functional tests
- Fix minor software defects and usability issues
- Provide feedback on the internship program
What You Will Learn:
Throughout the program, you will be learning:
- Modern Software Development technologies, patterns, and best practices through hands-on coding and testing of our Products
- Industry-standard planning, tracking, and technology tools and processes
- Strategies and technologies for diagnosing and troubleshooting issues
- Cloud-based technologies (AWS, Azure)
Who You Are
- 2-3 years undergraduate in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or related Technology field
Key Knowledge & Skills:
- Structured and unstructured programming concepts
- Experience with/desire to learn modern programming languages such as:
- An understanding of the concepts of Microservices, RESTful Services, APIs
- Demonstrate LightBox Core Values (Clarity, Cooperation, Empowerment, Passion)
- Highly analytical, problem-solving mindset.
- Self-Starter and an initiative taker
- Excellent communicator
Other Desirable Attributes:
- Prior internship experience valued
- Github account
- Documented projects outside of University requirements
- Sitting for extended, continuous periods of time
This job description is a general listing of the required tasks and expectations of the position and in no way implies that the
duties listed above are the employee’s only responsibilities. The employee is expected to perform other tasks, responsibilities and training as instructed by their supervisors. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or
This position may require additional hours outside of the standard work schedule including occasional holiday, evening and/or weekend hours in order to meet deadlines or to accommodate customers.
LightBox and all its holding companies are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of the LightBox and its holding companies to prohibit discrimination of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
NO TELEPHONE CALLS OR AGENCY SOLICITATION PLEASE.