National Conferencing Inc.
We are looking for interns!
- Currently enrolled in college with plans to graduate in December 2020 or May 2021 (summer between Junior & Senior year)
- Ability to work approximately 40 hours per week for 8 weeks
- Ability to commute to our headquarters in Dumfries, VA.
Intern options include:
- Those looking for college credits in order to graduate. (We will provide a transportation stipend to help with travel expenses).
- Soon to be graduates looking to work for an hourly rate for a temporary amount of time
Are you a career driven student looking to take your first step into the world of corporate sales? Federal Conference is dynamic global leader within the meetings and events industry as well as one of the fastest growing. Last year alone Federal Conference grew at a rate of 111% due to superior products and services. Like a full time, Sales Development Representative, candidates must be able to think on their feet, take initiative to assist their team, and be willing to contribute new ideas to already established processes. Interns will receive comprehensive training to prepare them for a rewarding sales career. Candidates must be prepared to work 40 hours per week during this internship and are expected to be fully invested in the internship. Start your career on the right foot by joining an Inc Fast 500 company that will foster and build upon your career goals. We are seeking candidates who are committed to proving themselves in order to be strongly considered for a full-time Sales opportunity with Federal Conference following graduation. What you will be doing Develop leads schedule appointments, identify customer needs, and market appropriate products and services Provide prompt, accurate, and friendly customer service Assist with providing product information to prospective customers Facilitate identification and qualifying potential prospects Create PowerPoint presentations and Excel reports for sales management as needed Assist Federal Conferences VP of Sales by organizing and carrying out sales-related projects Photocopying, scanning, and printing of various documents Perform sales operations and administrative duties as needed Skills & Requirements.
EEO[/AA] Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans At Federal Conference we celebrate, support and are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristics. Federal Conference maintains a drug-free workplace
What Will Make You Successful
- Desire and Drive to be #1
- Currently working towards a bachelor's degree with strong academic credentials
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to interact with a wide variety of people
- Great work ethic
- Fluency in Microsoft Office programs
- Teamwork and problem-solving skills
- Strong desire to learn
- 8-week Internship that may be applied towards class requirements a transportation allowance will be provided
- Internship may potentially lead to further employment opportunities with Federal Conference
- Serve as the first point of contact and provide product information to prospective customers
- Lead identification and qualification
- Learn and utilize CRM to assist with data input and tracking
- Work under supervision of VP of Sales
- Operate office machines, such as photocopiers and scanners, facsimile machines, voice mail systems, and personal computers.
- Other sales administrative duties as assigned