Thank you for your interest in interning with McKinstry!
We are proud and excited to offer summer internships across several of our different office locations and are currently seeking a Marketing Intern to join the team in our Golden, CO location. This internship will be focused on supporting our National Energy & Technical Services lines of business.
McKinstry is a full-service, design-build firm specializing in consulting, construction, energy and facility services. The firm's innovative, integrated delivery methodology provides clients with a single point of accountability that drives waste and redundancy out of the design/build process. With nearly 2,200 professional staff and tradespeople throughout the United States and operations in more than 16 states, McKinstry advocates collaborative, sustainable solutions designed to ensure occupant comfort, improve systems efficiency, reduce facility operational costs, and optimize profitability For The Life of Your Building. For more information, visit our website.
McKinstry’s B.L.U.E. (Build, Learn, Understand, Enrich) summer internship program aims to engage the best and brightest students with strong academic backgrounds who demonstrate effective leadership and then provide them with an equally meaningful experience. We have purposefully designed our internships to be an authentic reflection of what it means to be an integral part of McKinstry. This is achieved through our hands-on, 12-week long, paid program structured to build a foundation of industry knowledge while personal and professional growth is facilitated through collaboration, exploration, and mentorship. You can learn more about our internship program here.
What are we looking for in this internship:
- Student pursuing a bachelor's or graduate degree in business management, marketing, or related field (or equivalent professional experience) required. Sophomore or higher standing required.
- Availability in Summer 2020.
- Ability to attend pre or after-work events.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines as required
- Must be detail-oriented, well organized, and possess excellent follow-up skills.
- A team player mindset with the ability to work independently.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Visio required; working knowledge of SharePoint and MS Project preferred.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
What are our Marketing Interns responsible for:
- Supporting business development and marketing plan activities.
- Assisting with updating marketing documents including, resumes, project profiles, narratives, presentations, sales collateral and other marketing material.
- Coordinating and supporting on internal and external events.
- Assisting with proposals and presentation materials.
- Assisting with business development and marketing plan research and analysis.
- Generating market research related to potential business growth.
- Assisting in industry association and community association partnership research.
- Assisting in the communication and sharing of information and best practices via regional newsletters and other internal forms of communications.
- Communicating with internal clients and project resources (business unit manager, account executives, corporate service units) about document discussions, outcomes and decisions.
McKinstry's success isn't a matter of fate or luck. It's the natural consequence of our commitment to innovation, how we support our employees, the unique truly integrated way we deliver, the long-term relationships we forge with our clients and our unwavering commitment to creating buildings that are good to their owners, occupants, and the environment. Innovation runs on ideas, which can come from anywhere. Projects at McKinstry are not owned by individuals or departments, but by all of us, which is why it's common to see new employees from one discipline collaborating with 30-year veterans from another.
The McKinstry group of companies are equal opportunity employers. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, race, color, creed, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment, and training.
McKinstry is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within McKinstry who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.