As an intern at Safran USA, the successful candidate will be focused on supporting all internal communications at the Human Resources corporate level in Irving, TX. They will promote a positive image and control the dissemination of quality information. The assignment is a full time role through the summer.
- developing effective corporate communications strategies
- developing internal communications (memos, emails, newsletters, user guides, website articles, etc)
- drafting content, updating and posting relevant information into the HRIS system, HR Sharepoint and Insight (Safran internal website)
- liaise with HR in conducting interviews, planning event communications, and other duties as assigned.
Enrollment in upper level classes at an accredited institution focusing on a business administration, organizational development or communications degree plan
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in Sharepoint and website design
- Proficiency in MS Office software (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
- Must be innovative and take initiative
- Must have attention to detail and strong organizational skills
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the Happy at work rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.