We are currently looking for a student to work with our Features, Verification and Validation (FVV) as an Intern: Macro Developer. The student should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining experience in development and improvement of various software systems and tools used in our test department. The internship will focus primarily on projects that make use of VBA and VB.NET to deliver a user-friendly interface for extracting and logging data. The use of Microsoft Office products, including Access, Excel, Project, and Outlook, is necessary for automation and data manipulation. This position will report to FVV Project Office Manager.
- Maintain and support existing systems, tools, and macros. Heavy documentation has been provided by the previous programmer to assist with this responsibility
- Develop interfaces for departmental SharePoint sites
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, analytic and critical thinking skills
- Organize large amounts of raw data to ease analysis for project managers and management
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including Access, Excel, Project, and Outlook, is required
Proficiency with the following programming languages:
- Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
- Familiarity with web design concepts and best practices
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
Internship Education and Program Requirements
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in electrical or software engineering, computer science or related field at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the internship.
- Fall Interns must be registered for Spring academic classes and can work 30 hour per week up to 89 days.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Strong communication skills.
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Auto req ID
State / Province
Last application date
US Disclaimer text
We Participate in E-verify