- Assist in North American event media credentialing vetting and approval process
- Monitor and organize media placement, while overseeing the compiling of weekly clippings report
- Identifying and researching compelling human-interest stories to advocate through various mediums
- Assist in writing and editing press releases, media advisories & media pitches as well as various other press materials
- Build and maintain media lists for event markets.
- Write and edit press releases, media kits, fact sheets, public relations materials, and other brand related written materials
- Assist incoming press requests with guidance from the senior staff
- Assist in creating media guide including writing and editing of content, research and updating statistical and historical information, selection of photos and design/layout
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Work Experience
- Pursuing Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, marketing, communications, public relations or related field preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 1-2 years communications work experience
- Keen attention to detail and time management skills.
- Journalism, marketing, digital media or sports management major desired but not required.
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Working knowledge of full Microsoft suite, Adobe InDesign and Photoshop
This internship is for college credit only and located in the Tampa, FL