The Content Intern works as a member of the Marketing Communications team to develop and implement written content for various communication channels, both digital and print. MarCom and technical writing, copy-editing, proof reading and other content as needed.
- Talent and passion for sharing stories about new science and technology inventions, and the people that invent them
- Exceptional ability to read about, listen to and simplify technical descriptions and concepts; understand them and turn them into compelling content for a broad, general audience
- Communicative, collaborative, and friendly with other team members while being self-sufficient and focused
- Willing and excited to learn new skills outside field of expertise to ensure proper execution of content workflow
- Approaches assigned work with a critical, journalistic eye and synthesizes multiple sources of information to ensure successful completion
- Writes copy as assigned for the Marketing Communications team. Projects include: blog articles and landing pages for marketing campaigns, customer emails, responding to customer reviews, preparing FAQs and P&Ps for various communications processes, corporate projects, social media posts, etc.
- Inputs approved text into content management system
- Fact-checks marketing & advertising copy as well as blog content for accuracy and compliance
- Conducts regular audits of website and internal documentation, maintaining comprehensive log of issues and proposed changes
- Executes SEO maintenance tasks and contributes to overall SEO strategy when opportunities arise
- Audits all customer-facing content to ensure that content meets APA style guidelines as well as applicable internal style guidelines, reporting urgent issues
- Supports ongoing updates of published blog content with updated research and additional references to improve blog quality and SEO optimization
- Tracks weekly website changes in internal spreadsheets for distribution to digital marketing team
- Organizes and maintains Content file structure to ensure version control throughout the editorial process and accessibility of Content documents to Marketing team stakeholders
- Identifies gaps in internal P&Ps and suggests improvements
- Enters new or updated internal style guidelines into AI Writing Assistant database
- Research current trends and future directions in science and public health as well as marketing, advertising, and communications, reporting applicable changes related to the Marketing team’s projects as needed
- Tracks and reports on Communications projects in Wrike
- Other projects as assigned
Required Education and/or Experience
- College senior or graduate working on or holding a degree in English, Linguistics, Creative Writing, Communications, or Marketing with a focus on writing about technology, science, or health.
- Exceptional portfolio of written content focused on technology and science stories, demonstrating the ability to communicate difficult and abstract technical concepts, in a simple and approachable manner, through polished, professional grade content, regardless of style and approach.
- Knowledge of or experience with SEO platforms and best practices, such as Moz Pro
- Exceptional writing skills, including error-free use of grammar, vocabulary, and punctuation.
- Familiarity with research databases, such as PubMed and ScienceDirect
- Practical and strong demonstrated working knowledge of EITHER American Psychological Association (APA) style guide OR AP Stylebook as it relates to written communications
- Experience with content posting to websites, blogs, email newsletters, and on social media
- Proficient in the use of Google Analytics and Keyword Planner; knowledge of task management system and CMS preferred, but not required
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug and background screen.
May be required to attend and participate in professional development activities both in and outside the company to stay abreast of new developments and best practices.