New York Power Authority
The New York Power Authority is reimagining the role of the public utility and helping our customers take full advantage of the new electricity offerings. If you’re passionate about the customer experience and want to be part of our journey toward becoming the first end-to-end digital utility in the country, we want to hear from you. Learn more about us, our clean energy technologies and the trend-setting work we’re doing for New York State here.
The Summer Developmental Intern program is ideal for a college or graduate level student interested in …
- Exploring how hydropower, energy efficiency, electric vehicles and more exciting initiatives are changing the power industry
- Seeing firsthand what it’s like to work for New York State, including exposure to labor unions and collective bargaining agreements
- Learning about NYPA’s commitment to New York State citizens and the communities where our generation facilities are hosted
- Visiting the Blenheim-Gilboa power project to see up close how our power is made and how important pumped storage is to reliable electricity in New York
- Gaining a foundation on the energy regulations that govern our industry
Please apply to only one Developmental Intern position at NYPA. We may consider your experience for other Developmental Intern positions if your experience fits.
- Improved understanding of metrics component details and how these relate to actual tasks performed by Cyber Security staff, as well as how these relate to actual Cyber vulnerability management
- Intern will also gain knowledge of software used for gathering and reporting, namely Splunk, Qradar and other security tools.
- Increased understanding for the Cyber Security threat and vulnerability landscape.
- Increased understanding of the process for researching and reporting on threats as these become known.
- Learn how reporting and metrics are performed on the threats once researched.
- Understanding of needs for Business Resilience and Incident Response.
- The intern will make an important contribution to the NYPA Cyber Security program by helping to identify and research potential Cyber Security threats and vulnerabilities. This work is important in helping to quantify relative potential impact levels of newly reported threats and thereby reduce overall risk to NYPA.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task with competing priorities
- Collaborative and team orientated
- Customer-focused especially when dealing with vendors and internal clients
Must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program
- Basic understanding of IP network protocols.
- Basic computer and Internet research skills.
- Ability to read text and other files, and then compile gathered information into summary formats.
- Skill with using Microsoft Office Suite and SharePoint for data gathering recording.
- Prior familiarity with Splunk desired, but not required.
- Need some familarity with SharePoint, particularly for Data uploads
- Willing spirit to learn and take on new tasks.
- Ability to work well with others and listen to direction.
- Good communication skills and the ability for written communications.
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent.