We're Onna: a fast-growing tech startup based in New York with offices in Barcelona, Toulouse and Research Triangle Park. Our small but mighty international team is composed of fun, experienced, and hard-working individuals on a mission to make information easily accessible and useful, no matter where it lives.
In the last year, we've seen 300% revenue growth and 800% growth in our client base! We work with many recognisable clients, including Facebook, Electronic Arts, Dropbox, and Fitbit, to name a few. In May 2019 we closed an $11M Series A led by Dawn Capital with the participation of our integration partners Slack Fund and Dropbox - and we're focused on building an amazing team!
We are looking for a motivated and talented Junior Python Developer to join our team in Raleigh, North Carolina. The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic engineer with previous software development experience that would like to be part of our Maintenance and Support team. Here you'll be responsible for using Python and other back end technologies to translate our company's vision into beautiful, scalable, reliable and highly functional web applications.
Our work environment is lively, fast-paced, exciting, and flexible. We'll provide you with the tools, resources, and outstanding leadership to take your career to the next level. If you're looking for an invigorating work place where you can let your coding skill shine and aren't afraid of a work hard, play hard mindset, we want to meet you!
- Continuously learn more about our product and what's driving results for our customers
- Code primarily in Python but also able to use the right language for the right job
- Participate in the support & maintenance of all phases of software development life cycle, including: system analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation
- Get to know our complex platform and all the top-notch technology involved: Asyncio, Kubernetes, APIs, Oauth, Guillotina, etc.
- Learn from a great team of engineers with a strong background and experience in complex and scalable projects.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field
- Previous software development experience (+2 years)
- Experience with Python will be a plus.
- You love learning and mastering technologies
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Amazon Web Services or other cloud computing platforms
- Docker and Kubernetes
- A demonstrated understanding of database systems
- Web application security
- Have an understanding of agile methodologies
We like to keep employees happy and are always looking for ways to improve our overall work culture and benefits package. Here are some of the benefits we offer at this time:
- Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage
- 401(k) with matching contribution
- Flexible vacation and PTO policies
- Monthly gym membership
- Commuter perks
- Personal development budget
- Monthly group activities
All your information will be kept confidential according to GDPR guidelines.