The media team at Airtime is creating one of the most advanced platforms for real-time and streaming media in the world. We're passionate about building high-performance, high-quality software that runs the gamut from globally distributed infrastructure to low-level, device-specific optimizations.
This is an opportunity to be part of a team that develops one of the most advanced real-time platforms in the world. As part of the media team at Airtime, you'll help to build and manage the globally distributed media infrastructure that is the backbone of the Airtime service. You will also have a hand in developing our optimized mobile media stack for iOS and Android.
What You'll Do
Members of the media team:
- Work on the highly customized media server which is the foundation of the Airtime media platform
- Extend and improve our globally distributed backend infrastructure
- Tune and enhance our custom WebRTC-based media stack on iOS and Android
- Collect and analyze metrics relating to system performance and user behavior
- Provide detailed and constructive design and code reviews
- Are team players who enjoy working with a diverse group of smart colleagues
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Programming experience in C or C++ languages.
- Exposure to system programming concepts, including low-level networking interfaces, concurrent programming, and distributed systems.
- Prior coursework on media-related projects—including those making use of WebRTC—is a plus, but is absolutely not required.
- A record of owning projects successfully and working in a fast paced environment