The Fredericksburg Nationals are the Carolina League Affiliate of the 2019 World Series Champion Washington Nationals. Formerly the Potomac Nationals, the ball club has moved roughly 30 miles south from their previous home in Woodbridge, VA to open a brand new, state-of-the-art Stadium in Fredericksburg, VA for the 2020 season.
The FredNats are seeking college student/recent graduate who is passionate about working in the sports industry to be an integral part of the Stadium Operations staff for the 2020 season. We are seeking an intern responsible for the aspect of maintaining and operating the brand new, state-of-the-art stadium that is home to the Fredericksburg Nationals. This position will report to the Dir. of Stadium Operations and the Stadium Operations Manager.
This is a seasonal, full time internship with the position running from early March to the end of the season in September. Start/end dates subject to change based on season.
- Various aspects of Stadium Operations, pre game set-up and post game duties.
- Creating and maintaining a clean and safe ballpark for the fans.
- Batting Practice setup and take down.
- May assist in merchandise/team store inventory.
- Supervision of part-time employees (ushers, parking, grounds).
- Assist in installation of stadium signage.
- Assist with promotions, concessions, and in whatever facet the team needs you to.
- Other duties: Interns may also gain experience in community relations, promotions, concessions, marketing, sales and other special projects.
- Candidate must have strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Individual must have strong interest in gaining experience in the sports industry, be highly motivated, a hard worker and a self-starter.
- Candidate must be enrolled/graduate of an accredited college or university.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays during the Fredericksburg Nationals 2020 Season.
- Must be able to life 50+ pounds.
- Previous MiLB/Stadium Operations experience is preferred but not mandatory.