Univision communications inc
As the leading company reaching Hispanic America today, Univision delivers premier entertainment, news and sports content to U.S. Hispanics through its television, radio and interactive digital platforms. Univision is looking to recruit top talent interns to join our mission of informing, entertaining, and empowering U.S. Hispanic consumers. The ideal candidate is at the top of their class, a self-starter, and eager to learn in a team environment. We strive to grow our interns’ knowledge of the media industry and expand their networking opportunities.
- 10-15 week paid program
- Part-time hours up to 28 hours per week
- Flexible dates from March 1 – May 31
- Internship is designed to build knowledge, skills, and experience in the media industry
- Provides hands-on training and development to build transferrable business skills
The Engineering Media Systems Support intern will learn the basic functions of implementing a Cyber Security program. He/she will contribute to managing various aspects of the security program in the Cyber Security Engineering portfolio, assist in the development of metrics and reporting, and understanding the basis for implementing various security solutions.
- Work with IT, Engineering and Cyber Security personnel to generate necessary documentation around system security and network diagrams
- Installation, configuration, testing and patching of Operating Systems on Windows, Linux and Mac OS
- Support troubleshooting software & component-level of PC hardware
- Provide timely, clear, concise communication to management, team members, and other stake holders about project status
Required Skills & Experience
- Must be pursuing a Bachelor’s degree at an accredited institution; concentration in Information Systems, Computer Science, Cyber Engineering or related field preferred
- Must be a rising Junior, rising Senior, or recent graduate
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- Must be willing to work from facilities in Doral, FL for the duration of the program
- Must successfully complete background investigation
- Must have strong interest in the Broadcast Media industry
- Experience in Linux, Microsoft, Mac and network systems administration
- Knowledge of Active Directory management concepts
- Knowledge of Virtualization technologies (VMware, vSphere, and vCenter)
- Experience in Networking, routing and firewall concepts
- Experience with Patch Management and Vulnerability Management concepts
- Experience with Windows PowerShell / Python / Shell
- Proficiency working with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel and Visio)
- Knowledge of base document creation
- Experience with Software and hardware troubleshooting
- Must have ability to demonstrate a high degree of professionalism, ethical behavior, and integrity including the ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
- Bilingual – English and Spanish
- Team player with strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong interest in the Broadcast Media industry
- Exhibit analytical ability and diligently performs assigned tasks with the highest degree of professionalism and integrity.
- Able to work in a stressful, fast paced, team environment
- Must be willing to speak and present to large groups
- Reliable, organized and possess excellent writing and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency working with Microsoft Office applications
- Be flexible and able to adjust to changing requirements and expectations quickly.
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude and an ability to remain cool under pressure.
Univision is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.