Junior Data Engineer
BlueVoyant is seeking a Data Engineer to join our Professional Services Team to help implement/support specific technology platforms used to deliver incident response and cyber forensics capabilities. This position will enable a talented individual to work hand-in-hand with some of the top security and data science experts in the business. You will be asked to apply existing knowledge and learn new skill sets to develop and populate a new data pipeline. The sky's the limit as you help us evolve our technologies, processes, and capabilities to counter sophisticated and adaptive adversaries.
The individual will be based in our New York, NY office.
Qualifications for the Role:
- Deep interest in data, data modeling, and data transformation.
- Experience with parsing and analyzing large data sets.
- Exceptional analytical skills to visualize how to transform unstructured data into actionable information.
- Ability to audit and examine data pipelines
- Comfortable working with bash, git, and related tools
- Familiarity with ETL pipelines a plus
- Familiarity with Apache Beam or GCP Dataflow a plus
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field experience.
What you will do as a Junior Data Engineer:
- Work with security engineers to extract and normalize data into a big data platform.
- Use multiple technologies and methods to import new data sources into big data platforms.
- Work with other security geeks.
- Support our cyber forensics and incident response teams in data mining exercises related to new and ongoing investigations.
General responsibilities include:
- Work with cross-functional teams to proactively improve on existing integration and automation workflows.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices.
- Ensure technical issues are quickly resolved and help implement strategies and solutions to reduce the likelihood of recurrence.
- Work with peers to ensure the end-to-end solution provided by BV works seamlessly for our clients.
- Thrive in our small, fast-paced, product-driven environment.
- Collaborate with teams from across the organization.
- Execute on tight schedules and under pressure.
- Present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Follow a disciplined workflow driven by well-defined requirements.
- Demonstrate ownership of tasks with escalation as needed.
- Be a subject matter expert in how a set of technologies work together.
- Relentlessly push for successful operational outcomes.
- Possess a strong interest or background in cyber security.
BlueVoyant is a global cybersecurity firm that provides Advanced Threat Intelligence, for large companies and a comprehensive Managed Security Service and Professional Services for small businesses, powered by one of the largest commercially available cyber threat databases in the world.
By working with BlueVoyant, companies can gain unique and far-reaching visibility into malicious activity on their networks, in the dark web and across the internet, as well as real-time, automatable remediation services. Through our unique real-time external threat monitoring, predictive human and machine-sourced intelligence, and proactive managed security and incident response, BlueVoyant offers the private sector exceptional cyber defense capabilities.
Co-founded by CEO Jim Rosenthal, former Chief Operating Officer at Morgan Stanley, and Executive Chairman Tom Glocer, former Chief Executive Officer at Thomson Reuters, BlueVoyant has attracted a management team that comes from the world's preeminent intelligence, law enforcement, and private sector organizations. Other leaders include:
- Jim Penrose, COO, former EVP at Darktrace with 17 years at the NSA in key leadership roles.
- Gad Goldstein, Head of BlueVoyant Europe and Chairman of Israel, former division head (Major General equivalent) in the Israel Security Agency, Shin Bet.
- Robert Hannigan, Chairman of BlueVoyant International, former Director of GCHQ.
- Austin Berglas, Global Head of Professional Services, former head of the FBI's New York Cyber Branch.
- Milan Patel, Chief Client Officer, former CTO of the FBI Cyber Division.
- Ron Feler, Global Head of Threat Intelligence and Operations, former Deputy Commander of Unit 8200, the cybersecurity division of the Israel Defense Forces.
- Jim Bieda, Senior Advisor, former NSA Deputy CTO.
- Bill Crumm, Senior Advisor, former NSA SIGINT Director and former Cybersecurity Head, Morgan Stanley.
- Dan Ennis, Senior Advisor, former Head of Threat Intelligence at the NSA
All employees must be authorized to work in the United States or Israel. BlueVoyant provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, BlueVoyant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.