PARKER HANNIFIN CORP
Parker HannifinFounded in 1917, Parker Hannifin Corporation is a $14.3 billion, global company. With annual sales of $14.3 billion in fiscal year 2019, Parker Hannifin is the world's leading diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial and aerospace markets. The company has operations in 50 countries around the world. Parker has increased its annual dividends paid to shareholders for 63 consecutive fiscal years, among the top five longest-running dividend-increase records in the S&P 500 index. Parker’s engineering expertise and broad range of core technologies uniquely positions the company to solve some of the world’s greatest engineering challenges. By partnering with customers, Parker improves their productivity and profitability and seeks new ways to solve humanity's biggest challenges.
Department Marketing StatementParker Aerospace is a global leader in the research, design, integration, manufacture, certification, and lifetime service of flight control, hydraulic, fuel and inerting, fluid conveyance, thermal management, lubrication, and pneumatic systems and components for aerospace and other high-technology markets. The company supports the world’s aircraft manufacturers, providing a century of experience and innovation for commercial and military aircraft. The Fluid Systems Division in Irvine, CA has an opening for a Manufacturing Engineer Intern on our Product Support Team during the summer.
- Project Management
- LEAN initiatives
- Standard work/training material creation Projects:
- Map & Validate CMM (Component Maintenance Manual) validation process to identify improvement opportunities
- Create and document training material / standard work focused on enhancing our training program and new hire orientation.
- Streamlining our vendor repair process for key components to reduce lead time / costs
- Consolidate / create key operational / planning reports from existing databases
- Other projects as identified by team leader.
- Enrolled in engineering course work at an accredited university in Mechanical, Aerospace or Industrial Engineering. Preferably a Junior or Senior standing with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Strong mechanical (hands-on) aptitude
- LEAN understanding / exposure (preferred)
- Advanced Excel knowledge
- Powerpoint knowledge (intermediate level)
- Ability to read and understand blueprints (preferred)
- CAD Knowledge would be a plus