WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
IT Service Desk & Support Intern - Summer 2020
Home Office - Norcross
Norcross, Georgia, 30071
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
IT Service Desk & Support Intern, Summer 2020 - Norcross, GA
Few intern positions give you as much exposure to corporate telecommunications infrastructure and management. As an IT Service Desk & Support intern, you’ll apply classroom knowledge to meaningful projects which directly impact company operations. Our mission is to provide corporate experience in your chosen field, and positively impact your career goals in preparation for life after college.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT WESTROCK
Apply your skills to help increase efficiency, management, and reliability in WestRock’s Enterprise Information Systems environment, as you own assignments, which support the entire corporate IT structure. The role will allow for assignments in multiple IT areas such as Data Analysis, Incident Management, Change Management, Problem Management, and Project Management. In this role, heavy emphasis is placed on teamwork, communications, data analysis and troubleshooting.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Sophomore or higher level student in pursuit of Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Industrial Engineering,
- Management, or related field, interested in pursuing a career in IT and IT management
- Technical aptitude, a hands-on mindset and software proficiency in MS Word and Excel
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proven problem solving skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to commit from 10 up to 40 hours a week
- Flexibility to travel: under 5%
EXAMPLES OF PROJECTS YOU MAY BE INVOLVED IN
- Various Process Improvement Projects – process documentation, process flows, etc.
- ChatBot Implementation – new innovation and enhancements
- ServiceNow project work – new requirements, documentation, simple configurations
- Asset Deployment – machine imaging, computer deployments
- Service Desk Phone system upgrades
- Reporting & Analysis
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.