- Interest in Healthcare Administration
- Detail oriented
- Project coordination skills
- Healthcare Administration, Public Health, Business Administration or related
- Contributing to a designated project or initiative to meet a KP business objective.
- Project management - planning, execution, and measurement.
- Learning new applications needed to complete assignments or support the execution of business objectives.
- Job shadowing in other functional areas.
- Performing additional duties as required.
This internship will provide project and administrative support for the Medical Group Administration team at Redwood City, CA.This internship provides an opportunity for exposure to outpatient clinic operations, medical center administration, and shadowing hospital and clinic patient care.
Lay the groundwork for a dynamic future with an industry leader. At Kaiser Permanente, you'll forge lasting relationships with colleagues across the organization while enjoying the opportunity to grow your experience and hone your expertise on assignments that have real impact. Our interns have worked on everything from analyzing financial software and developing new marketing strategies, to designing mobile apps and helping clinicians improve care delivery. We want you to get the most out of your time here and will give you projects that challenge you to think freely, question thoroughly, and explore deeply.
- Current enrollment in an accredited college or university program, or recent graduate.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
- 3.0 GPA or above.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.Proven ability to build effective working relationships as well as strong interpersonal skills.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and experience producing high quality work in short periods of time.
PrimaryLocation : California,Redwood City,Redwood City 901 Marshall 901 Marshall St.
HoursPerWeek : 40
Shift : Day
Workdays : Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
WorkingHoursStart : 8:00 AM
WorkingHoursEnd : 5:00 PM
Job Schedule : Part-time
Job Type : Internship
Employee Status : Temporary
Employee Group/Union Affiliation : Non-Union, Non-Exempt
Job Level : Entry Level
Job Category : Administration, Clerical and Support Services
Department : TPMG Administration
Travel : No
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.