- 2020 Summer Internship
Evangelize Data Science and Machine Learning. Explore techniques on how to think like a data scientist. Build statistical models - regression and classification that generate usable information from raw data in the clinical domain. Use python to mine physician notes and identify patterns for signs, symptoms, lab tests, diagnosis and treatment plans.
- Using statistical techniques create a rich pipeline to understand the distribution and biases inherent in the data
- Apply Computational and inferential techniques to extract knowledge from structured (tabular) and unstructured (video, voice, medical images) data
Desired Skill Set:
- Strong programming skills in python
- Experience with data science terminology
- Experience working in machine learning and AI
Lay the groundwork for a dynamic future with an industry leader. At Kaiser Permanente, you'll forge lasting relationships with colleagues across the organization while enjoying the opportunity to grow your experience and hone your expertise on assignments that have real impact. Our interns have worked on everything from analyzing financial software and developing new marketing strategies, to designing mobile apps and helping clinicians improve care delivery. We want you to get the most out of your time here and will give you projects that challenge you to think freely, question thoroughly, and explore deeply.
- Contributing to a designated project or initiative to meet a KP business objective.
- Report development and analytics.
- Learning new applications needed to complete assignments or support the execution of business objectives.
- Job shadowing in other functional areas.
- Performing additional duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Pursuing a graduate degree or have completed a graduate program from an accredited university within the last year.
- Aptitude to perform data and process analytics and formulating solutions
- Proven ability to build effective working relationships as well as strong interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- 3.0 GPA or above.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to build effective working relationships as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and experience producing high quality work in short periods of time.
Strong programming skills in python, data science terminology and already experience working in machine learning and AI.
- Knowledge of Distributed technology like Hadoop/Spark is a plus.
- Good to have working knowledge of Cloud (Azure, AWS).
- High level of confidentiality and demonstrated ability to maintain sensitive information in strictest confidence and able to maintain confidentiality in all business matters.
- Advanced analytical and data skills with the ability to grasp new concepts, approaches and systems and uses information to make decisions.
- Creative mindset to brainstorm with and develop suggestions and new ideas.
- Project: Using statistical techniques create a rich pipeline to understand the distribution and biases inherent in the data.
- Apply Computational and inferential techniques to extract knowledge from structured (tabular) and unstructured (video, voice, medical images) data.
PrimaryLocation : California,Pleasanton,Pleasanton Tech Cntr Building A 4460 Hacienda Dr.
HoursPerWeek : 40
Shift : Day
Workdays : Mon- Fri
WorkingHoursStart : 8:00 AM
WorkingHoursEnd : 5:00 PM
Job Schedule : Full-time
Job Type : Internship
Employee Status : Temporary
Employee Group/Union Affiliation : Non-Union, Non-Exempt
Job Level : Entry Level
Job Category : Information Technology
Department : Chief Data Office, Data Science
Travel : No
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.