Do you want to learn new skills, explore pharmaceutical research and manufacturing, network with experts and build a resume that opens doors? Join us to launch your career. We’ll support you with training, employee connections, and our shared vision for specialty pharmaceuticals.
Tolmar, Inc. is a fully integrated pharmaceutical company based in Colorado that develops, manufactures, and globally distributes twenty-one branded and generic prescription pharmaceuticals in the areas of urology, oncology, and dermatology. In addition to the development and manufacturing of the specialty injectable product line ELIGARD®, Tolmar has become an industry leader in the development and manufacturing of prescription topical ointments, creams, gels, and lotions for dermatologic applications.
Dedicated to working in partnership with the urology community, its providers, and most importantly, its patients, Tolmar’s passion fueled the invention, development, and advancement of ELIGARD®. Passion guides our commitment to providing the highest level of support to the urology community and patients with prostate cancer. Our highly experienced, commercial leadership team and specialty sales force embody dedication with purpose. Tolmar is also a leader in Dermatology products and dedicated to developing and manufacturing the highest quality products for our commercial partners.
Our mission is to develop innovative pharmaceutical solutions to serve patients in need. Tolmar research scientists, chemists, and engineers have developed an extensive portfolio of pharmaceutical products, including a broad line of dermatology products, and ELIGARD® for the palliative treatment of advanced prostate cancer. Tolmar is dedicated to advancing our pipeline of products and expanding our portfolio to serve important patient medical needs.
Purpose and Scope
Perform a variety of functions including order entry; expediting and push out of purchase orders; manage the shortage report; learn manufacturing management software; build relationships with suppliers; help problem solve invoices; and share ideas to impact continuous improvement.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Complete tasks on computer such as order entry;
- Assist with expediting and push out of purchase orders;
- Manage the shortage report;
- Learn manufacturing management software to help manage dates and orders;
- Build relationships with suppliers and contact them regarding late orders and coordinating returns;
- Help problem solve invoices with Accounting and Receiving teams;
- Recognize problems which are beyond the intern’s current knowledge and capability and learn from experts in the area;
- Work independently on assigned tasks with some supervisory oversight;
- Present ideas and observations to help the Materials Management Group apply innovative tools and thinking to impact continuous improvement; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent problem solving skills;
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications;
- Effective organization and ability to multi-task;
- Willingness to maintain a regular and predictable work schedule;
- Effective oral and written communication; and
- Ability to communicate with co-workers, management, vendors/suppliers and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- The Supply Chain: Materials Management Intern is expected to operate within the framework of Tolmar’s Core Values:
- Consistently operate with the highest standards of ethics and compliance.
- Take ownership of your actions, success and setbacks.
- Respect each other and understand that honest collaboration is at the heart of our company success.
- Go the extra mile to make things happen.
- Be committed to all we do and the patients we serve.
- Embrace change with enthusiasm.
- Strive to learn about and understand the needs of customers and patients, and take action with great speed and efficiency no matter the task.
Education & Experience
- Enrolled full-time and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited college/university;
- Majoring in Business, Supply Chain or closely related discipline; and
- Work is performed primarily in an office environment but could include warehouse, laboratory, clean room, or production floor.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)